Eye Fatigue

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by stockerup, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Hello Lescor

Just right click on your desktop, select properties/appearance tab/advanced, then just click on the background of the window that has "Window Text" in it and just select what color you would like for the background of active windows.

This will change the background color of all your open windows, such as Word, Excel and browsers etc.

Best Regards

Bonkey

#21     Feb 4, 2006
  2. WinSum

WinSum

Thanks lescor & Bonkey_Dollocks

#22     Feb 4, 2006
  3. You could start trading monthly charts. Then you would get bored and go do something else.

he he.

my eyes burn all the time.

#23     Feb 4, 2006
  4. and keep lcd's on the native refresh rate, for lcd's it doesn't matter. only for crt higher refresh rates are better for the eyes.

#24     Feb 4, 2006
  5. Donkell

Donkell

The guys have given you a lot of good suggestions, let me add three more.
    1. You can get glasses especially made for computers that might help solve your problem.
    2. Try different fonts as well as font sizes, most programs allow you the option to change whatever the default you are now using.
    3. Try taking more breaks away from the screen

don

#25     Feb 4, 2006

6. ======================

My eyes are the first thing to get tired in my body and ;
    if I skip my expensive organic vitamins for more than 2 or 3 days ,
    my eyes tire more easily, hurt more easily.

Also its proven most blue eyes/light complexions/redheads are usually more light sensitive than darker eyes.:cool:

Will not mention brand names , there are several, ''full spectrum 60 or 100 watt regular style'' light bulbs.
    Full spectrum light bulbs make a tremendous difference;
    especially for reading, especially if about 33-40 or 44 years old......

Sunlight has always been more comfortable, more clear in a precise way than incandescent bulbs or any artificial light, for my reading.

Full spectrum light is much closer to sunlight than any other .:cool:

Jack LaLanne said ''call the chef, i want 10 veggies in my salad;
    i never told my stomach i was poor man''.La Lanne was born in 1914 ,still strong/bright eyed, 2-3-2006.

#26     Feb 4, 2006
  7. ifinitis

ifinitis

The solution is to get the best monitor you can afford and consult your eye doctor. This is a profession, get the best tools you can. Looking at a cheap monitor will destroy your eyes.

Also use Refreshforce to get 72 to 75 hertz if you feel this helps. Guru3d.com has the download for this software.

#27     Feb 4, 2006
  8. Suggest glasses optimized for the distance to the monitor.

#28     Feb 4, 2006
  9. I haven't read the whole thread. My suggestions:

Make sure there is no light source behind you or in front of your screens.

I use a black background for my desktop and charts.

Focus away from your screen and back every few minutes (put a poster behind your screens or something).

Take breaks often.

#29     Feb 5, 2006
  10. Babak

Babak

infinitis, about refreshforce, does this software 'force' the monitor above its 'max' refresh rate?

#30     Feb 5, 2006