Exxon shatters profit records

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Like I said, buy some of their stock, and it will be like paying $2 a gallon.

#21     Feb 2, 2008

2. How old are you, 12?

I happen to think $4-$10/gallon gas will promote conservation and reduce demand enough to find alternatives that are actually viable, quickly. How else will everyone be incentivized to move to electric vehicles and nuclear power becoming a primary fuel source for cars?

#22     Feb 2, 2008
  3. you saps pay $4 bucks/gallon record prices/profits and YOU THANK THEM! LMAO WTF!! :D

#23     Feb 2, 2008
  4. i worked for xom for 6 yrs untill recently . believe me or not but i'll tell you this , no there not the greastest company in the world or anywere else for that matter, to work for .

#24     Feb 2, 2008
  5. oil is subsidized everywhere (particularly in the middle east and any OPEC producer [venezuela, indonesia, and even china believe it or not]. If it wasn't, inefficient economies wouldn't have a chance to continue waste as they do.
    [otoh, subsidies are merely a form of public welfare support. So these countries could still afford to waste if their citizens merely received tax credits offsetting the subsidy costs]

#25     Feb 2, 2008
  6. at the gas station? {heheheh... don't take this as offense, but I couldn't pass this humor up...}

#26     Feb 2, 2008
  7. So what? Oil companies in the US has been doubling their profit year by year since 1998..

Then ask the goverment to stop those high taxes on gasoline (did you read what I wrote before?).

you just hit the nail!

right on.

I just wasted my time trying to explain something useful to you (Just the basic concept of this industry), just to get this kind of answer..

you drive a SUV by any chance?

#27     Feb 2, 2008
  8. high99

high99

40 billion profit on 400 billion in sales is pretty average. That's simply 10% which is shit compared to Microsoft or even Intel. I don't see anybody screaming to confiscate their profits. Or break them up.
    If Exxon had $400,000 profit on 4 million
    nobody would give a shit. You stupid people think gas should be given to you free? You think it should be some constitutional right? Go ride a funk'n horse then. Or use your brain if you have one, and by stock in the company and shut the fuck up.

#28     Feb 2, 2008
  9. Hey, I'm sure everyone would rather gasoline be handed it out to them for free BUT that is capitalism. You think you pay too much for gas? short the hell out of it in the open market :cool:

Unfortunately, that is what free trade is. Someone's willing to pay more for it. You don't wanna pay for it, then don't drive anything that requires gasoline. Perhaps joining the closest Amish community and get a buggy. It's as simple as that.

#29     Feb 2, 2008
  10. they love guys like you. no they COUNT on guys like you to parrot the 'mantra . right out a college 101 course :p

#30     Feb 2, 2008