Extremely thin Bund/bobl

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dogfish, Jun 9, 2008.

1. $preader and ynox1:

THIS IS VERY BORING CHILDISH BICKERING-TIME TO GROW UP I THINK

#31     Jun 11, 2008
  2. Mind you own business pal,everytime I post here this prick tries to pick me up with lies and BS,I genuinely think he's obsessed,either that or he works for Eurex.

All said and done the vols are on their way down,that is a fact,if the exchange break the golden rule and admit it then it shouldn't be too hard for a few idiots to do the same

#32     Jun 11, 2008
  3. $preader:

Yes I agree with yourself the volumes are generally down y/y on the fixed income products.This is for 1 major reason:

The general shift of "Human traders" to "Computer/machine trading.

I have previously spoken to a Eurex Sales guy and Eurex apparently expected there to be a general slow tail off in volume over the short term ( ie. 1/2 years or so ).However Eurex are thinking longer term ( eg next 2 years plus or so ), and are prepared to accept this short term reduced volumes in order to profit from the increasing volumes that machine/Black box trading will inevitable bring in time..As he told me " Its the future"...

#33     Jun 11, 2008
  4. The investment banks have really trimmed their exposure in the fixed income markets.

#34     Jun 11, 2008
  5. COCK

Who the fuck would admit to being your mate?Except of course people who are hanging out the back of your mom..... oh and not forgetting pop....

#35     Jun 11, 2008
  6. That's why I give Eurex a hard time and can't fathom out why people defend it.They clearly couldn't give a shit about their traders.

What you didn't explain was the reason why the vol has tailed off,are Eurex trying to edge out humans to make it 90% computers or do they see it as humans are on their way out so focus on black box trading? or has their previous focus on computers screwed them now a good percentage of humans were forced out due to their (Eurex's) love of black boxes and the like and now with investment banks etc scaling back the humans aren't there to pick up the slack.

If that asshole would have said "it's the future" around here he might well have been ejected from the trading floor.

Wasn't there another big mouthed German in the 1930's talking about the future,he got that wrong as well!

#36     Jun 11, 2008
    #37     Jun 11, 2008
  8. I feel quite vindicated now, basically less human locals are trading because Eurex allowed anyone with a model to do whatever they wanted regardless of how it screwed the market and 100's of other participants and those who were smart enough to cut back are now limited in their position size and their trade quantity because they don't feel in control of their positions.

That is bullshit whatever way you look at it (not trying to provoke or insult you).

German/Dutch who cares,still doesn't sound like a friend to me.

If you could post any updates I would be grateful

#38     Jun 11, 2008
  9. I Agree.However, it is the way it is.Simple.

Either trade or dont.

#39     Jun 11, 2008
  10. Seems like too many are doing the latter

#40     Jun 11, 2008