Extremely Intresting Market Still Ahead: We Are At A Crossroad

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, May 10, 2010.

Most Likely: New 2010 Highs or New Lows First?

1. New Highs Within 1-2 Weeks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. New Lows Within 1-2 Weeks

19 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. New Highs Within 1-2 Months

12 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. New Lows Within 1-2 Months

26 vote(s)
    26.5%
  5. Range Between 2010 High and Low For Months To Come

18 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. I prefer not to say

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. sorry that was a wrong statement. the bulls were unable to hold the previous day close, NOT the open (still =weak market)

#11     May 11, 2010
  2. Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been trading the market for a while with limited success. I notice there are some people here that think the market is going and some think it is going down.

Do you use your own trading analysis for forecasting or do you use a service?. I have tried EWI but they always seem to get it wrong on a short term basis, I don't know how much money I have lost using their calls but it must be heaps. Longer term I have no problem with them, just short term is one disaster after another.

Any suggestions for a reliable forecast service that isn't too costly?.

#12     May 11, 2010
  3. Illum

Illum

No such animal.

If you know direction, the market makes it very easy to cash in. So why sell a forecast? They want your money because they don't have their own. Best success to you.

#13     May 11, 2010
  4. Donkell

Donkell

Any suggestions for a reliable forecast service that isn't too costly?.

Think about it, your opinion is as good as anyones. Take a week off pick a half dozen to dozen stocks that are hot or moving now. Just watch what happens over a week to 10 days.

You will learn a lot, with no pressure to either buy or short. You won't ask about other forecasters.

don

#14     May 12, 2010
  5. PPT is trying hard to break through SPY 117

#15     May 12, 2010
  6. If the PPT wanted 117, they'd have it.

#16     May 12, 2010
  7. you just wait. PPT wants to maintain some level of illusion of the free market. i suspect their plan is to hit new highs very soon so that everybody believe that the last week drop was a fluke.

#17     May 12, 2010
  8. I think you're confusing the PPT with the big banks.

#18     May 12, 2010
  9. BTW, tomorrow is an anniversary of 998 pt Drop. Hundreds of copy-cat rogue traders throughout the world will be "fat-fingering" billion dollar sell orders.

Buyer Beware! :D

#19     May 12, 2010
  10. you are right. the banks are happy to report that they make money trading every single day. what they don't want people to know is that their trading activity makes the market vulnerable to huge drops like the one that took place on May 6th. now the buggers are pushing the market to new highs to make May 6th appear a non-event.

PPT only stepped in at the bottom of May 6th.

#20     May 12, 2010