Extreme Non commercial Euro short positioning shows record

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ASusilovic, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

yeah, you were saying the same 400 pips higher.
    very typical.
    trade against the trend without the stoploss mentality.

2. Is there any better site for this data? I can't read pdfs. I can't read anything but charts.

3. This data is probably more predictive. These firms print money by taking the other side of customer trades.

http://www.dailyfx.com/technical_analysis/sentiment/

As of last week (the new data is coming out today) the wrong-way traders were slightly bullish on the Euro, not really confirming the CFTC data.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He's been singing that tune for a long while now.

5. You were bullish e/u at 1.42. It turned down, and never went back.

Now you become bearish, more than 1420 pips lower.

E/U at 1.2780. Hindsighters are becoming bearish.

Is smart money around the corner?

6. Mvector

Mvector

I am no longer short 6E and started buying 1.2795 today from a system signal - not a long term swing trade but a 24 to 72 hour trade - looking for at least 100 ticks.

Just a note - 6E open interest ratio went extreme out of balance today when 6E traded to 1.2800 level - too many shorts holding and exteremly minimal longs.

7. Mvector

Mvector

position cost basis 1.2784 for the day in 6E - covers at 1.2835 - covers at 1.2885

8. Mvector

Mvector

continuing to buy 6E tonight - cost basis at 1.2780 from churning positions in range making some small profits - covers adjusted to 1.2830 - covers adjusted to 1.2880 - above 1.2880 I will hold 2 contracts for manual cover.

9. Mvector

Mvector

covered partial at 1.2816 so I can go to bed - employment numbers in morning and I need to be up for that - adjusted higher covers to 1.2894 - hold last 2 contracts for manual cover above 1.2900 handle.

#10     Jan 6, 2012