Extract data from broker statments

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by giena32, Feb 27, 2016.

1. giena32

giena32

Hi,

I trade with RJObrien. What is the best way to automatically extract data from statement into excel and draw equity (TOTAL ACCOUNT MARKET VALUE) curve ?

Thanks,
    Giena

2. vicirek

vicirek

Check what formats they are providing. Maybe they have it already in Excel format like IB or other commonly used format for financial data like quicken.Check if they have csv format that can be easily imported to Excel. Otherwise you need custom parser to extract data.

Once you know data formats you can google available converters.

3. Or ask them to run a custom report. I had dinner with several of their execs a few days ago in NY. They're a non-bureaucratic firm and will accommodate quality customers.

4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

We don't do business with them but it would be typical to be able to run a report of transactions or cash movement. Running a report of daily market value or liquidating equity would not be a typical report. You should call you rep Monday morning to see if they can do that.

Bob

5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Sorry, I take that back. We introduce to INTL FC Stone and I run a lot of reports, but I never tried to get a spread sheet of EOD equity and liquidating equity before. I was able to do that. I assume RJO can do that too.

Bob

6. DREU

DREU

call iTrademax , I think that they can help you

7. giena32

giena32

Are there any converters/parsers available for other brokers ?

8. giena32

giena32

iTrademax seem to import ready made CSV files, but I have broker PDF statement.

9. traderob

traderob

i use tradervue

10. vicirek

vicirek

Google trader tax software. It will show you software like TradeLog and others better known for general tax purposes that can do something like that. Brokers usually provide several different data formats that can be imported by third party software. Those formats are very well known like csv, quicken, excel and few others. I was able to import statements using quicken, Microsoft Money years ago but I ended up writing my own parser for IB because beyond certain number of trades it becomes costly to get full license. IB provides excel format, tradelog format, quicken format (uses XML or something similar), html, pdf and probably one more. This is not the most recent information but you can check with them. I used quicken/xml format to parse data the way I wanted and calculate taxes, wash sales etc. I would assume that any other broker will provide statements in various formats making it more convenient for customers to track their investments using third party financial/tax software.

#10     Feb 29, 2016