Extra Monitor on a laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WD40, Sep 30, 2019.

1. WD40

WD40

I know I can connect an external monitor to the back of my notebook computer. Is it possible to have more than one external monitor? How do I do it?

2. zdreg

zdreg

how about googling notebook +external monitors?

blueraincap likes this.
  3. More than 1 external monitor will require a external graphics card.

4. just buy a USB monitor extension and plug in a monitor, if that sounds too difficult you should ask your grandpa for help

5. Though perhaps not the best for hi-res monitors, there are ways to "daisy chain" them. Google that.

WD40 likes this.
  6. Check your connections to your laptop. Many laptops have both HDMI and VGA out. If that's the case, you can typically connect 2 monitors, provided you have monitors that have those connections. But even if you have a monitor that only accepts VGA or DVI and you needed to use your HDMI port for that one, you can always get an adapter.

WD40 likes this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It depends on the type of laptop (notebook) and ports that you have to determine if it supports a multiple monitor setup.

Have you even called the technical department of you notebook to ask them that question if you're unable to use Google to look it up yourself ?

wrbtrader

8. They

They

9. Howard

Howard

I have two external monitors and no external graphic card.

WD40 likes this.
  10. easymon1

easymon1

mr howard
    can your setup use the laptop monitor at the same time the two external monitors are in use with no adapters outside the laptop of any kind?
    thx

#10     Sep 30, 2019