"EXTENDED" unemployment benefits running out soon!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jan 29, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

With over 5 Million people receiving "extended" unemployment benefits and nearly 6 million on regular unemployment benefits time is now running out where millions of people will be losing all benefits all together. I believe there are close to 2 to 3 million people about to lose emergency benefits come February 2010 followed by the next few million in the months to follow, some may think this isn't a problem but I think this is going to be a major problem especially for those just barely getting by on the already limited unemployment they can collect according to the state you live in.

I think they are going to pass another bill extending emergency benefits, most likely extending it into the second half of 2010.

2. These people need to be on the streets. You vote republican for 3 decades, you deserve to eat mud cakes till you grow a brain.

3. sumfuka

sumfuka

Dude...... be quiet! That's my next business model, selling mud cakes at the projects. If it works out, I'm going NATIONAL, Everybody would be eating mud cakes. I'll call the company 'Mukes' Then I'm going to sell premium mud cakes at Wall Street, sprinkle a bit of gold dust on it. It's going to be so successful that it will come out with an IPO that will rival Google's. The ticker symbol 'kulai.pk' Kool-Aid pinksheets.

4. They will just keep extending unemployment benefits forever. Who needs to work in America anymore. Free money for everyone!

5. Extended running out?

Don't worry, "over-extended" and "over-orver-re-extended" are coming soon.

6. Yep!

7. You are right, they do need to be on the streets. A good lesson for those who believe the gov't owes you a job and owe's you a standard of living.

8. I think so too. The last thing any government wants is masses of unemployed,hungry people. You know what happens to governments when those numbers reach critical mass.

The problem is there are too many excess people to number of jobs in the US. Higher efficiency/productivity means less people needed, Cheap asian labor etc..

This was not a problem back in the days when you had black plagues,great wars,shorter lifespans that kept things in check.

9. clacy

clacy

haha fkbsuhites...... How did you like that MA election the other night?:D

10. pupu

pupu

American voters are virtually powerless
    two party system, both on corporate payroll

Kang: We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward.
    And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Kang: It's a two party system! You have to vote for one of us!

Kent: Senator D, why should people vote for you instead of President R?
    Kang: It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed. DOOMED!

#10     Jan 29, 2010