Extended Trading Hours

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BKuerbs, Nov 21, 2005.

1. I just noticed it today . This is great.
    Is there any difference between the "post trading" period and RTH? The website is not very clear. One can trade just like during RTH , right?

#11     Nov 28, 2005
  2. Yes, there is a big difference and, no, it is not the same as RTH.

During post-trading, you can enter inquiries, market orders, limit orders and stop orders for the next day. There is no market to trade at this time. Your DOM will be blank and you will only see the "last price" indicator moving around. Some backoffice functions are also available during this time.

#12     Nov 29, 2005
  3. oh that blows , initially from the website info this is what I had understood but then I saw last price changed in post trading so I thought you could actually trade during that time. Then there is nothing new. My interest was for entering overnight position at the US close

#13     Nov 29, 2005
  4. why does the last price change? it really does look like it trades in post trading !

#14     Dec 1, 2005
  5. why are data providers reporting trades after the close of RTH ? Can you trade after 2pm ET yes or no ?
    this messes up the charts

#15     Dec 13, 2005
  6. esmjb

esmjb

you can trade in extended hours until 4pm eastern...it is very thin.

#16     Dec 13, 2005
  7. cmaxb

cmaxb

yeah, I think for now we can just keep the same time template. No value added from those trades, at least on bonds

#17     Dec 13, 2005
  8. well what is it ?
    (for ESTX50 and Dax)
    why did FuturesTrader say you can't trade? the info on the website seems to have changed since last time, now they show post trading as being 22-22:30, if I recall post trading was 20h-22h before.

#18     Dec 13, 2005
  9. esmjb

esmjb

i assure you the dax and estoxx are open until 3pm chicago time.

#19     Dec 13, 2005
  10. why is it that options on futures stop trading at 5:30 pm CET ? I don't see any market on my screen,.that doesn't make sense the underlying trades until 8pm, 10 pm with the new extended hours.

#20     Dec 29, 2005