Exposing one Donald Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lidodido, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lidodido

lidodido

I never said that Don doesn't know anything about trading. I said that some of the things he said are simply not the entire truth. He doesn' t just make a living selling courses and desk fees. And I don't have a problem paying commissions. Please don't put words into my mouth.

#51     Aug 6, 2002

2. classic

-qwik

#52     Aug 6, 2002
  3. His sole aim of being here in the first place is to defend his firm.

No, his sole aim is the marketing of his firm and bringing in new traders, in addition to keep existing traders at Bright.

Everything else is just spin.

Defending his firm is all about keeping existing traders and recruiting new ones.

Do you really think Don gives a rat's ass about what you or I think, unless it has a negative impact on his marketing efforts?

He defends because he has to, not because he wants to.....

Every day we have new "members" joining Elite and viewing the forum, Don wouldn't want anyone to get the "wrong" idea, would he?

If it's really about helping others, then join the Peace Corps.....

#53     Aug 6, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

there go your fee. :D

#54     Aug 6, 2002
  5. secco

secco

ok yeah you didn't say don knows shit about trading.........anywayz, dude you're wasting your breath trying to warn others about don's worthless course.......don is a modern day pt barnum......(wannabe)elite trader is just another way to tap into the world of suckers out there

yeah so you blew a grand on his course........look at it this way......you got some entertainment didn't ya??? man i got a good laugh when i saw don in person huffing and puffing at all the "amateurs" trading naz stocks........this was back a couple of years and i thought don would mellow out now that bright offers naz stocks.......but i guess i'm wrong...............

anywayz, chill out dude.........it ain't worth it.........don helps pay the bills around here so it ain't like the "regulars" are gonna bite the hand that feeds them..........just let the suckers find out for themselves cuz you can't really help them anywayz...........peace out, bro

#55     Aug 6, 2002
  6. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

wow, where is don on this one? 10 pages on a thread about him and no response? say it ain't so don, say it ain't so.......:D

#56     Aug 7, 2002
  7. bronks

bronks

For secco--

Far be it for me to jump in on a thread and start tossing around expletives, but in this case I feel it's warranted. Secco, you have nothing of substance to add to this forum. There is not one single redeeming quality in any of your posts. Maybe you are doing this tongue-in-cheek, I don't know... but usually I'm able to garner SOMETHING edible from somebody, no matter how crass.

bronks

#57     Aug 7, 2002
  8. stu

stu

I would like to say that I too was surprised and pleased that this thread was not altered or torn down by Baron and I think it is a credit to him that this kind of discourse can take place underthese conditions. I've seen few other mediums which allow their sponsors to be openly criticised and challenged.

Probably explains the success of EliteTrader and why there are nearly 12.5K members to this board.

I understand that the idea is for folks to express their feelings, findings and understandings in all matters (and everything else in the universe) to do with trading and traders. I found the posts on lidododo's experiences with Bright to be articulate, well measured and clearly expressed and I would have thought, extremely
    interesting to those who are looking for information as beginners, or who are considering prop firms to trade with.

Why when he so clearly shares his findings in non aggressive, concise expressive language, he should be accused of character assassination is completely beyond me. vhehn -Tulo - NihabaAshi and others, what IS the problem here? Is no one to say anything about anyone or anything.

lidododo's posts evoked a counter view from nitro which again was in my opinion well constructed and readable. To then get a further response from him which did not lower the tone to the often present insult and name calling, was I thought
    extremely interesting and informative. That is not to say that the insults and barbs aren't often funny and entertaining.

I just wish people would stop telling people to go away or stop posting, as it's the aspects of each person's experience in any given subject which makes reading informative and sometimes educating.

So why don't y'all just freakin shut up

#58     Aug 7, 2002
  9. What the hell!!!! Why are my posts getting edited? That sentence is conspicuously missing a predicate. It used to read:

time wasting troll!!! Troll, troll, troll!

#59     Aug 7, 2002
  10. I think the point was that if you trade several tickets a day (50-100+) your odds of missing a few fills each day are high with a 1/4 second handicap. From my experience, the opportunity cost of missed fills--even one a day--can offset so-called cheap commissions. As ECNs become more prevalent in the listed, execution speed will take on a whole new importance and the validity of this argument will increase significantly.

#60     Aug 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.