Exposing one Donald Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lidodido, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "I said Don, are you Don? Anyway, on what date JBLU have a 20 point range?"

JBLU came public in low 20s opened 32 shot to as high as 46 on first day.

#31     Aug 6, 2002
  2. That wasn't 20 points though, was it? JetBlue opened at 37 and went to 46 on the first day. Looks like Don was caught in a falsehood!

I find Don's conspicuous absence from this thread to be an admission of guilt for some of these accusations.

#32     Aug 6, 2002
  3. Don Bright
    Bright Trading
    "I find Don's conspicuous absence from this thread to be an admission of guilt for some of these accusations."

i think don went out of town.

08-06-02 01:28 PM

Yipes, got stuck a bit this morning....
    -$1100

I'm heading to SoCal today, and will trade in one of our most successful "opening only" offices tomorrow...try to add to my understanding of how well these guys are doing.

There is always something to learn in this business, and if we get complacent, then we will get "broke." Everyone should keep this in mind.....

Don

#33     Aug 6, 2002
  4. "Has any taken any courses from Kevin Haggerty? Any opinions about his methods, etc.?

TradingMarkets.com has this $1500 video course for sale. The price sounds a bit steep"

here is another example from another thread.these guys are charging 1500 just for a video.im sure the ability to check out the place where you plan to trade and watch other traders at work for a week is worth something.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=1525

#34     Aug 6, 2002
  5. Kymar

Kymar

I don't believe JBLU actually traded in a 20 pt range on that day or any other.

DIAN just barely managed a 20-pt range a few weeks ago...

Really, though, bothering with such unusual events weakens your attempt to defend and counterattack. Most of the Nasdaq stocks that used to produce 20 point (or 30 or 50 or 60 point) swings fairly regularly are now trading under 20.00, if they're still trading at all, and JBLU on its first day or DIAN suddenly collapsing are exceptions that prove the more recent rule. If Mr. Bright is still using this and the other ideas in the way described, then, indeed, his presentation would seem sorely in need of updating.

For whatever reason, Mr. Bright has chosen to make an attack on his competitors and on virtually all alternative trading styles central to his pitch (for lack of a better word). It shouldn't (and probably doesn't) surprise him or his friends and colleagues if he receives responses in kind. The same would go for the creator of this thread, who has chosen to put what may be very valid criticisms into a form that, from the title down, approaches character assassination.

I'm surprised this thread is still here...

#35     Aug 6, 2002
  6. lidodido

lidodido

Why are you even involved in this thread? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with you. Do you have some stake in Don's reputation or something?

Why do I need to "believe" in my firm? Or be "proud" that I trade there? I don't get it. Maybe that's a Japanese thing. Personalyl I don't care. Don himself is not the sum of all that is Bright. The traders make a firm, and from the traders I know that trade there they are great bunch of people.

Goodbye NihabaAshi, you have nothing useful to add to this discussion.

#36     Aug 6, 2002
  7. lidodido

lidodido

vhehn, I did check out the place where I intend to trade and I have met some of the traders there. I like the office, yeah the equipment doesn't look the best, but as long as the 'engine' is fine thats okay with me, and the people are very nice.

I don't think many offices would let you "watch" traders trade, like, standing behind their shoulders, they'd probably tell you to F off. That has nothing to do with problem though does it?

Surely you're not suggesting that paying $1000 just for having a look around an office is worth it are you?

#37     Aug 6, 2002
  8. lidodido

lidodido

GHJ, from what I have seen, REDI is a decent enough order entry system. What stocks are you trading that you need that 1/4 second? I sure don't. The examples I've seen of REDI hotkeys are good enough for me. Hell, even if I had to "mouse it", I'd do fine. Have you used TWS (from IB) how does REDI compare to it?

#38     Aug 6, 2002
  9. "Surely you're not suggesting that paying $1000 just for having a look around an office is worth it are you?"

no but i would pay 1000 to stand behind their best trader for a couple days.

#39     Aug 6, 2002
  10. lidodido

lidodido

Give up vhehn. You have tried every trick in the book to protect your precious Don. He's a big boy, let him speak for himself.

If you can find a good trader that is willing to let you stand over his shoulder and watch him trade, fine, do it. Maybe $1000 would be worth it. But, that has nothing to do with Bright's "school". It's not as if the $1000 you pay entitles you to watch anybody trade, it's not even held during market hours.

#40     Aug 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.