Exposing one Donald Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lidodido, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lidodido

lidodido

dotslashfuture, I do not have to like everything about a company to do business with them do I?

I posted what I did as a warning to people who are considering joining Bright not to take the training. Anyone that has traded for any amount of time will find it practically worthless, and most likely be insulted by Don's idiotic comments. (Don is not alone with those, another presenter, Earl, absolutely bored the pants off me with stories from his 35 year long experience.)

I also dislike being taken for a fool and lied to. Don, in his profile, says he likes to expose Wall St 'hucksters'. Well, perhaps he should expose himself.

I would much prefer it if Bright treated me like a customer. What happens to a business that doesn't pay attention to its customers? It goes out of business. Perhaps Don should cut down on the "we have professionals" rhetoric and start listening to what people are saying. I am not alone in my views. Many of the 'school' participants were in complete agreement with me.

#11     Aug 6, 2002
  2. lidodido

maybe you could tell us how much experience you have to make all these judgements.if you are so experienced to know everything about trading why trade in an office why not go remote.it sounds to me like you have a lot to learn.

#12     Aug 6, 2002
  3. you are failing to see the schizoid nature of what you are saying. You are saying that these guys are hucksters. You say they ripped you off for a grand for useless training. Then you say you want to do business with them since hey, they aren't that bad. He he.....crazy as a loon. But, I'm sure Bright will take your money just like any other brokerage firm.

#13     Aug 6, 2002
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Training should match your needs: Was there no advance information stating the topics to be be covered ? Did the course follow the published outiline provided when the trainging was sold ? If not ask for your money back: Any reputable training firm in any field will refund rather than have an infuriated customer.
    Also ask for a refund if you thought the instructor was not qualified.

... Sounds like the course was not pitched correctly as a beginner course ....

#14     Aug 6, 2002
  5. lidodido

lidodido

vhehn, I am always prepared to learn new things. I don't think I have stated anywhere that I know everything, or even a lot.

I certainly don't need to be a Market Wizard to know when something is plainly not true, do I? I have tried to stick facts in my assessment of the Bright "school", I don't think it requires truck loads of "judgement" to be able to know what is a good deal and what isn't?

I would like to trade in an office because I miss the camaraderie of my old job. Does every experienced trader have to trade from home?

#15     Aug 6, 2002
  6. lidodido

lidodido

dotslashfuture, perhaps you have some growing up to do. I'm not sure what purpose calling me "crazy as a loon" serves. Perhaps I should just ignore you.

If I buy a Ford, do I have to like everything about Ford the Company? No. What if I thought their CEO was a liar and a thief? Should that prohibit from doing buying a Ford? You are right - like all brokerage firms, they will take my money. Maybe YOU would prefer to take the higher moral ground and not do business with such a firm. As long as my money is secure, I don't mind. If this makes me a 'schizoid', fine.

And, mind you, I never said the firm engages in shady business practices with their "professional customers". I said I did not appreciate the misinformation and lies told by Don throughout the training.

#16     Aug 6, 2002
  7. lidodido

lidodido

CalTrader, I did not care to look at the course outline as Don told me the course was a prerequisite to be able to trade at Bright. It's not like I took it because I was actually hoping to learn something.

My problem with Mr Bright is that he portrays himself as a protector of the common trader, what, with his Beyond The Snake Oil tours etc, and then turns out to have a warehouse full of his own brand of Oil.

His lies border on sales "puffery", so may be acceptable to some. I dislike the fact that I am about to be entering a business transaction with such a BS artist. Let me say though, Don is not the main man at Bright, his brother and another man are.

As I said, I would ask for my money back, but since the $1000 is something all traders had to pay to trade there, I would not like to have a bad name with other traders if they found out I did not have to pay it. Okay?

#17     Aug 6, 2002
  8. anyone that reads this thread after my post is more desparate than i am to make some sense out of this thread!!!!

#18     Aug 6, 2002
  9. "I certainly don't need to be a Market Wizard to know when something is plainly not true, do I? I have tried to stick facts in my assessment of the Bright "school", I don't think it requires truck loads of "judgement" to be able to know what is a good deal and what isn't?"

there is some truth in every statement he made.some is outdated but not a lie.

"Don, can you name ONE Nasdaq stock that has had daily 20 point swing in the past year? Just ONE."
    JBLU

"CalTrader, I did not care to look at the course outline as Don told me the course was a prerequisite to be able to trade at Bright."
    this pretty much says it all.you want to go there and trade with millions of their money and you arent willing to sit through the classes (boring as they may be).
    i will tell you this.any sucessful trader will tell you if you can get started trading with only a 1000 loss it will be the best 1000 you ever spent.many lose 50-100 k before they learn the ropes.

#19     Aug 6, 2002
  10. lidodido

lidodido

there is some truth in every statement he made.some is outdated but not a lie.

Don is a PROFESSIONAL equities trader right? Don't you think he should have a damn good idea of the lastest information?? He is not just outdated, he is prehistoric.

vhehn, have you actually attended the Bright school? If the examples I gave were the ONLY ones where he "stretched" the truth a little, I would probably let it pass. I have MANY, MANY others. Would you like me embarrass Mr Bright further by listing them? I think what I have said is enough.

"Don, can you name ONE Nasdaq stock that has had daily 20 point swing in the past year? Just ONE."
    JBLU

I said Don, are you Don? Anyway, on what date JBLU have a 20 point range?

If Don is really so far behind the times to not know that the volatility on Nasdaq is nowhere near what it was 2 years ago, then I would question his credentials to be giving trading 'schools'!

"CalTrader, I did not care to look at the course outline as Don told me the course was a prerequisite to be able to trade at Bright."
    this pretty much says it all.you want to go there and trade with millions of their money and you arent willing to sit through the classes (boring as they may be).

vhehn, why do you assume I know nothing about trading? God, I hate having act like this but, have you made money trading? I know I have, and I know what I was being "taught" was a damn sales seminar! OKAY!

I'll say it again: there was nothing that the presenters taught that I didn't already know, or otherwise disagree with. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Instead of harrassing me, why don't you go there and sit throught the "school" and tell me how valuable it is. Geez!

i will tell you this.any sucessful trader will tell you if you can get started trading with only a 1000 loss it will be the best 1000 you ever spent.many lose 50-100 k before they learn the ropes.

Again you assume I haven't already been through the ropes stage. You are very presumptive vhehn. Furthermore, a thousand dollar loss would not bother me at all if I incurred because of a trade. I basically feel cheated out of a thousand dollars - and no, it's not a kings ransom and I'm not whining about the dollar amount. It's the worthlessness of the whole thing that bugs me.

#20     Aug 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.