Explosive Growth in Food Stamp Usage

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Ritholtz calls it saddening, I'm sure others will call the program a success.

I remember 20 plus years ago, I filed for bk and felt like a scumbag for doing so, the judge said this action is sanctioned by Congress go in peace. Booyah!!! Be proud mofo's and collect your benes if you qualify.:D

3. What I do not get is seeing people in a lexus or c230 etc.. using foodstamps. how is this possible?

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

used to be such a good blog. i dont read it anymore after he became too political.

5. Probably thse programs don't count assets, only income.

6. Indeed.

The same here in europe where many wives of rich doctors or lawyers still collect unemployment benefits...

Yet no emphasis on the phenomenon is put, such a privilege is reserved for the immigrants and working class who out of a job, simply need state support to survive.

7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Agree. Might as well call it "TheBigObamaShill.com" now.

I also get tired of the media saying how he "called" the housing crash or the bottom. So did tons of other people if you use loose enough criteria. Like most of his ilk, he's constantly "calling" something, so he's occasionally right just like a broken clock.

8. Does anyone know if they count your assets to be able to qualify for medicaid and welfare?