exploring etf trading first time, nooblet question

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by ggelitetrader000, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I was looking at article in regards to Warren's simple investing which he says low-cost index fund. Upon exploring more, the expense ratio makes a big difference.
    Avg. low cost index fund ER: 0.14
    Avg. actively managed index fund ER (mostly struggles to keep with the broader index): 0.75.

I wondered what about ETF?
    here is what i see the ones in my holdings:
    BOTZ: 0.68 % looks pretty high in the visinity of manage index fund.
    FIVG: 0.30 % not bad, but still twice as much as avg. low -cost index fund's ER.
    HACK: 0.60% meeh, also high.

#11     Mar 13, 2019
  2. Compared to other ETFs this might seem high. But compared to actively managed funds are these ERs lower.

#12     Mar 14, 2019
  3. Yes, I was hoping in the visinity of low-cost index fund.

#13     Mar 14, 2019
  4. %%
    Low + trending lower. SPY/QQQ?? No they still up trending as of 10:07 CST today + yesterdays close. I was refering to all of your exspence ratios.............................................................................:cool::cool:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:. March,last week may sell off??

#14     Mar 15, 2019
  5. If anyone knows some cool etf related to AI, gaming with low expense ratio, pls let other know and post here. The ones I posted here obtained from etrade thematic investing subsite and mostly have relatively high expense ratio (0.60%)
    Thanks.,

#15     Mar 15, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. %%
    OK + as far as profit i would stay away from BOTZ, to many crazy non- logical artificial gaps.
    Hard to find most any ETF with much more than a 1% fee. Vanguard tends to have lower fees; many brokers have a free ETFs.......................................................................................[00.60 is about average, or low,plenty of money has been made off 5%, even though that is high now.:D:D And i've seen some free + low manage fees ETFs=not very liquid ,which is part of BOTZ's problem, but i've seen plenty of 333,000 day volume ETFs that dont trade crazy gaps like BOTZ.

#16     Apr 3, 2019