Explorer vs Firefox

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gunslinger, Feb 16, 2006.

1. bronks

bronks

Ummm...whenever I run Ad-Aware, all tracking cookies that show up, are from the IE Explorer cache. Nothing from FF ever shows up.

What ever that means.

#21     Feb 17, 2006
  2. If you turn off microsoft's automatic patching ...

Well thats like Princess Dianna not wearing her seatbelt.

Funny how people don't like to put the responsibilty exactly where it belongs :eek:

#22     Feb 17, 2006
  3. THanks fellas, going to try firefox and opera.

#23     Feb 17, 2006
  4. What type of pages do you guys go to? I just run a basic IE, have McAfee, and run Spybot occasionally. I've never had a problem with spyware or viruses. I do make sure to get all the latest patches for each app, but this thread is making me worry that there's more danger out there than I realize.

#24     Feb 17, 2006
  5. Nothing beats giving it a try yourself.

#25     Feb 17, 2006
  6. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

I just got opera and avant and both seems pretty sweet. Avant is probably better though because of more features including everything already imported from IE. I like how you can tile all the windows how you like with a single click and the double click function to open and close tabs instead of moving the mouse all the way across the screen to hit 'New' or the 'x'.

#26     Feb 17, 2006
  7. If you are like me and travel a lot and not always have access to a high speed internet connection then you may want to browse offline.

I am using open source software for copying websites (and parts thereoff):

http://www.httrack.com

Very handy if you see a thread on ET and want to save the whole thread for later reading.

Enjoy

Maria

#27     Feb 17, 2006
  8. Here are the add-on/extension features that i/you can get off the mozilla firefox website, that makes it the better browser choice for me:

"All-in-One Gestures": with this extension, you can move back or forward a webpage by clicking on the mouse button and dragging the mouse a tiny bit leftwards or rightwards(quicker and easier then dragging the scrollbar or moving to the top of screen to click a button). Similarly, you can quick-move to bottom or top of page, or double size/shrink an image located on the page, etc, with a mouse-click and user-defined mouse movement.

-"Dictionary Tooltip": with this, you can double click on a word, and a small box appears underneath it containing it's definition.

"QuickNote" with "All-in-One Sidebar": it's like four built in notepads that open up with a click of the sidebar and it automatically saves what you type in it upon clicking it out of sight.

"SessionSaver .2": when you exit from firefox, it remembers all the tab-ed webpages and firefox windows you had opened to you just prior to exiting, so next time you open firefox you can continue from the last "session." (I usually have 4 or 5 tabs that open on startup, and I use it for some elitetader forum threads for easy continuation at a latter time, and for other websites that I plan to eventually read in the future.)

"Auto Copy": highlight a paragraph, and it is instantly gets saved to the clipboard without having to click on Edit menu and copy option.

"FoxyVoice": audibly reads the webpage for you (you might need windows XP for this).

-I've also set up the browser to have a button that opens up a new tab--I just don't like opening tabs with menu options or hotkeys.--

other extensions of choice:
    "Colorful Tabs"
    "Stealther"

#28     Feb 18, 2006
  9. Enginer

Enginer

Yesterday I downloaded and installed Opera Mini on my plain-jane LG cell phone. Significant improvement over Cingular's built-in browser. Almost makes web surfing on a postage-stamp-sized screen possible.

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/campaign/

But I cannot find a site that Opera's servers resize properly to show mini-charts. That would be the cat's meow. Think of a 3/4 x 3/4 picture of the last two hours of your favorite equity!

I know this thread is not about Opera, but I wanted to point out that I, at least, greatly prefer Opera to Firefox or IE.

Any one know of any mini-chart webbsites?

#29     Mar 26, 2006
  10. Agree, I love Opera, been using it for awhile, and it's now FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

#30     Mar 26, 2006