exploding future market: NAVIGATION TECHNOLOGY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by the_inquisitor, Oct 5, 2004.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

I bet somebody said same thing about PC.

#21     Oct 28, 2004
  2. Most people probably don't need GPS, but just navigation software that is "driven" by function of your tire gauge, direction, and distance traveled (most lexus vehicles come with this feature I think). I would imagine that real-time traffic information would lead to more use of actual GPS technology, but couldn't a simpler system that just measures avg mph directly on the highway at intervals be more cost effective?

#22     Nov 6, 2004
  3. Just wanted to point out to TeleAtlas releasing its' 3rd quarter results today (November 10th, 2004 CET).

Nine months statement Tele Atlas N.V.:

Tele Atlas will publish its nine months’ statement on Wednesday November 10th.
    [...]
    A conference call for analysts and institutional investors will take place at 2.00 PM CET on November 10. Invitations will be sent out separately or supplied upon request.
    A replay of the conference call will be available one hour after the call.

Dial in nr for the replay: +31 70 315 43 00
    Access code: 240 083

Allthough earnings will be moderate due to the acquisition of GDT in this year's 2nd quarter, it could be an opportunity today (still tomorrow for US residents).

#23     Nov 9, 2004
  4. After TeleAtlas' 3rd quarter results released yesterday we had a price loss of temporarly up to 10% and closed with a loss of 5,62% at the German Xetra exchange.
    A quite elusive reaction since TeleAtlas' revenues grew by 25% (22% in Europe and 44% in North America - both excluding the GDT acquisition) and net loss was reduced from € 20 mio. in 2003 to € 11.5 mio.
    Only the CF of € 28 mio. compared to € 32.7 mio. in 2003 needs some improvement, which is expected next year to be positive.
    Regarding the strength of the dollar, TeleAtlas is suffering from and the costly acquisition of GDT in 2Q yesterday's price loss is unjustified, especially against the background of the following developments:
    • Denso has chosen TeleAtlas instead of Navteq for their nav system, which comes e.g. with all Cadillac STS models
    • Mercedes-Benz will equip A and C class with Harman-Becker's latest nav system and TeleAtlas data
    • personal nav applications (PDA- and cellphone-based) grew by three digit rates
    • the integration of the TeleAtlas and GDT (acquired in 2Q) North America database will result a North American map, "that is clearly superior to any other available in the marketplace" (quote from 3Q report, p. 3). Navteq has to fear market share very much and customers like Toyota/Lexus are likely to chose a TeleAtlas-only solution for their nav systems, which are currently based on Navteq's and TeleAtlas' maps.
    • TeleAtlas will be the first to provide full map coverage of whole Eastern Europe by 2005, a region with significant growth rates, especially in the new European Union members states.
    • Activities in India also promise high growth rates in future.
    See http://www.teleatlas.com/template_overview.jsp?ctype=investor&contentpage=investor_about.jsp for the 3Q report and a recording of a analyst conference call available from Nov, 11th.

After Navteq's price also fell allthough a positive 3Q report on Oct 28th, I actually reckoned with yesterday's loss.
    So now there is the opportunity to buy below € 9 - I am quite sure, we will pass € 10 by this year.

[​IMG]

#24     Nov 10, 2004
  5. After TeleAtlas' 3rd quarter results released yesterday we had a price loss of temporarly up to 10% and closed with a loss of 5,62% at the German Xetra exchange.
    A quite elusive reaction since TeleAtlas' revenues grew by 25% (22% in Europe and 44% in North America - both excluding the GDT acquisition) and net loss was reduced from € 20 mio. in 2003 to € 11.5 mio.
    Only the CF of € 28 mio. compared to € 32.7 mio. in 2003 needs some improvement, which is expected next year to be positive.
    Regarding the strength of the dollar, TeleAtlas is suffering from and the costly acquisition of GDT in 2Q yesterday's price loss is unjustified, especially against the background of the following developments:
    • Denso has chosen TeleAtlas instead of Navteq for their nav system, which comes e.g. with all Cadillac STS models
    • Mercedes-Benz will equip A and C class with Harman-Becker's latest nav system and TeleAtlas data
    • personal nav applications (PDA- and cellphone-based) grew by three digit rates
    • the integration of the TeleAtlas and GDT (acquired in 2Q) North America database will result a North American map, "that is clearly superior to any other available in the marketplace" (quote from 3Q report, p. 3). Navteq has to fear market share very much and customers like Toyota/Lexus are likely to chose a TeleAtlas-only solution for their nav systems, which are currently based on Navteq's and TeleAtlas' maps.
    • TeleAtlas will be the first to provide full map coverage of whole Eastern Europe by 2005, a region with significant growth rates, especially in the new European Union members states.
    • Activities in India also promise high growth rates in future.
    See the 3rd quarter report attached to this posting and http://www.teleatlas.com/template_overview.jsp?ctype=investor&contentpage=investor_about.jsp for a recording of a analyst conference call available from Nov, 11th.

After Navteq's price also fell allthough a positive 3Q report on Oct 28th, I actually reckoned with yesterday's loss.
    So now there is the opportunity to buy below € 9 - I am quite sure, we will pass € 10 by this year.

[​IMG]

#25     Nov 10, 2004
  6. I observe NVT on the new 52 week high price list.

Finance.google.com is reporting increasing earnings, equity, assets, revenue and liabilities.

Finance.google.com is reporting the company's business as automotive navigation systems.

The increase in price of NVR stock appears at a time when the Standard and Poors 500 index value is about 8 % less than the high value of July 2007.

#26     Sep 13, 2007