Explanation For Closing Spike on Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by circadian, May 30, 2009.

1. steffi

steffi

So it's not likely that the banks will have to pay out to those who they sold insurance to then?

#21     May 31, 2009
  2. ok guys, so for whatever the reason was for that rally, what would be the tendancy for mondays open? ( if there is one)
    Gap Up, Gap down, around where it closed? any ideas?

#22     May 31, 2009
  3. So I see that it's becoming even fashionable to be an anti-conspiracist these days!

All frigging bullshit, if you ask me. There's no end to the myriad reasons given by the so-called expert idiots on why the market zigs or zags. Of course, all in hindsight. But it's all rigged. All manipulations. Of course, your job as a trader is to sniff out the work of those baddies and follow along.

But I'm afraid their days are numbered. It's time for the average Joe-sixpack to screw them back.

#23     May 31, 2009
  4. dsq

dsq

ok,who cares what it did in the last 5mins?Its done and over.This thread is total navel gazing.What difference does it make to people here?Either you traded it or didnt.If you did post your trade otherwise your just paper traders.Whats the point of this thread anyway?Totally meaningless drivel.

#24     May 31, 2009
  5. kxvid

kxvid

Anybody who was the least bit surprised by friday's close hasn't been trading long enough. Volume spikes up on the open and close, and they are often both very unpredictable.

I have a feeling nobody here would be complaining if the DOW dropped 100 pts in the last 5 minutes as it has before. But to have the DOW shoot up 100pts into the close, oh the horror. Since 90% of ET just blindly shorts the market every day, every time the market goes up there is nothing but whining people on this board. Its manipulation, or the economy is doomed why are stocks going up, or some other garbage.

Stocks go up, and stocks go down. You just gotta learn to live with that.

#25     May 31, 2009
  6. The point is to share with everyone a setup to help you make money, almost every year at the same time of year. God forbid anyone help anyone else make money around here. Maybe I should stick to pointless posting, as it seems that when someone puts anything of REAL value on this board, it gets picked apart (and it's alot easier to do).

I'm sure that there is at least one smart person that will use this info to make some money in the future. That's what it's all about.

#26     May 31, 2009
  7. dsq

dsq

The spike had no rhyme or reason.Trying to figure it out is pointless.Its like trying to figure out if more black cars will pass down the street in the 3 minutes than green cars.

#27     May 31, 2009
  8. #28     May 31, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Thanks Circadian. I found your post, the one that started this thread, interesting and helpful.

#29     May 31, 2009
  10. Trend was up on 15 minute charts, pivot highs got violated, stops went up, we went up.

Dont overcomplicate it.

#30     May 31, 2009