Explain Why Your Life Is So Bad

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the4xczar, Mar 26, 2008.

1. one side of life is suffering, so long as you are not your own God and don't have everything you want, you will suffer trying to obtain it, this is inevitable

you might not notice your suffering because of your constant focus on your hopes and goals, but don't forget eventually you will take most of your hopes and dreams to your grave, as real as your life is so is your death

each human is limited in much more ways than he is free, he has such a limited amount of capabilities that he seems nothing but a pathetic being, wondering around on this cheap planet called earth, licking balls and kissing asses, forgetting it and remembering the joy of life only when others kiss his ass, it is this exchange of service that makes them social economic beings, with no other luck in life and the inability to reach complete independence, they force themselves to believe that being social is a value

there is so much to write about how cheaply this universe system has been developed and worse than that is the ever stupid, inefficient and time wasting systems that humans have built for themselves and abide to

the exchange markets are the least that i complain about and am most happy with, and second is the internet, my only complaint is that all governments should stay out of both of them, there is no room for them in any one of these systems, and there is no need for them, these systems are self regulated even in 100% freedom, and all possible errors in them are acceptable so long as there is no government intervention, but unfortunately this is not true and it's just going to get worse by the day

#21     Mar 26, 2008
  2. Sequoia

Sequoia

"true but your rail/underground service is extensive and offers all kinds of discounts. Not to mention your cars do get a much higher millage out of that gallon. In the US a lot of people drive SUVs and huge (by EU standards) mini vans. It is not uncommon to get 20l/100KM for most of them. Also the distance and lack of meanigful mass transportation pushes most Americans to spend probably as much as Europeans on gasoline. Another tid bit of info: if you own a house in good old US of A, you must pay property tax. It is not uncommon for it to be in 10K + a year range and it could be more. Mind you we are not talking about mansions or some super pretty houses. Regular stuff will easily cost you 10K in taxes a year. However, not to worry, if you get sick and have no health insurance like a lot of folks here, your house WILL be repossessed for unpaid medical bills, something you do not have to worry about in your neck of the woods. And if you think gasoline is expensive in EU, you should see the kind of bills one receives when being sick."

You're absolutely true. Do not misunderstand me. I was just reacting on Gas price. I feel very lucky to live in a developped country.
    USA and France (or other European countries) cannot be compared on many issues of course. I lived 8 months in New Hampshire back in 1997 and I love USA. We just have different systems.

FYI France is overloaded with taxes (our politicians are very imaginative on this part :). I do pay property tax and housing tax as well (but not as expensive as yours I admit). VAT is 19.6%, Capital is heavily taxed, we could almost have taxes on air we breath if they could tax it... But Besides, we have social security which is a GREAT chance. The link posted in the head post mentions a woman who had to pay 5 millions dollars for the cancer of her child. Amazing. This is taken care of by Social security in France. And we have 35 hours weeks (well, in theory...) and 5 weeks of vacation (minimum). Fortunately, we do not have a credit culture. We mainly buy what we can afford. Credit is used only for vehicles and Housing (Fixed rate, scarcely variable rates).

Honestly, I have no reason to complain. Especially when 95% of the world population leaves under poverty level (by our standards).

:)
    Well, sorry, my life is not bad at all...

#22     Mar 27, 2008
  3. If you explain why your life is bad, by the time you are done writing it, the solution should become clear. If not, you are not thinking. Most people have a problem with the solution/answer to their problem.

Life is good, keeping it good is the problem. Go with the flow, an attitude adjustment. Someone is going broke and someone is getting rich. Change sides.

There was a father who realized his son was not too bright, Realizing this, he said "Son, Two people will exchange money, get in between them". Point being, one does not have to be rich or smart to succeed, just get in between them, take your cut. :cool:

#23     Mar 27, 2008
  4. 9999

Nice!
    :D
    Could you please ask him how to get in the biz? I'd like to diversify my income a bit

#24     Mar 27, 2008
  5. I live just north of Houston in a very small, modest home.
    We're happy in our pine paneled cabin, and pay $800 a yr in property taxes, and no state income tax.
    :D

#25     Mar 27, 2008