Explain todays massive rally eod

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Sep 29, 2011.

1. btw... what's a dyed-in-wool CL trader doing in the ES arena, anyways? Hope you are doing well and getting better all the time, young lady {grin}

#21     Sep 29, 2011
  2. I thought this thread was a competition to tell today's biggest lie. My bad. Carry on.

#22     Sep 29, 2011
  3. ammo

ammo

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=3314890 ...posted in es journal at 12 30 cst,notice the candle and the nip and the bounce after nip touch to previous nip former supp,then res, also the uvol dvol crossover is usually a fenced market ,not open ended like a trend day...uvol dvol exchanging leads portrays lack of conviction from bears or bulls..and last but not least..ppt needs to keep market up for credit worthiness

#23     Sep 29, 2011
  4. ammo

ammo

spx... edit..glad to see someone's back

#24     Sep 29, 2011
  5. LOL! 113.95.

#25     Sep 29, 2011
  6. seriously... it is second-to-last session in a calendar month, designated window-dress rally day.

Fundamentally this one tries to rally at all costs, every month. This time it was a final-hour gasp on Rosh Hashanah volume

NBD... pretty much everyone was done trading for the day well before then.

#26     Sep 29, 2011
  7. It's a big deal to Stock777, he is still in the early learning stages :)

#27     Sep 29, 2011
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yes, dedicated to Ammo & Volente, who trade very differently, but both of whom demonstrate a trader's mindset day in and day out in a public forum:

[​IMG]

Austin, occasionally I'm a "front-runner" on these setups too, but I feel so much safer getting in at a worse price, but with extra confirmation :p

#28     Sep 29, 2011
  9. I tend to enter 1/2 early on the proprietary patterns and 1/2 into the herd-driven surge past the traditional chart pattern breaks.

Makes me feel safer getting in front of and then riding the wave of those known, expected positions to come

#29     Sep 29, 2011

10. LOL

Why the fuck does this shitty website not have a system where you can ''like'' posts or nominate them for post of the day?? :D :cool: :p

#30     Sep 29, 2011