Expert looking for Partner

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nbates, Apr 15, 2006.

1. nbates

nbates

The cream of the crop if you will:

• bio.jpg
      File size:
      95 KB
      Views:
    #11     Apr 18, 2006
  2. What your looking for is called an "Angel Investor". They are around, I used to work with one when I worked in Boston. If you are serious look a few up in your area. Its not as brutal as venture capital, but they will expect results. If not they can close up shop easier than if you used venture.

#12     Apr 18, 2006
  3. nbates

nbates

Chaos, thanks...that's good advice!

I've had a partner for a while now who specializes in that area and we know many VC's and Angels - but are not in need of their services, yet.

Partner was the co-founder of XCity based XCapital Group. Partner has over 15 years of extensive transactional experience representing clients in mergers and acquisitions, private securities placements, debt, equity, and mezzanine financings, taxable and tax-free reorganizations, liquidations, stock redemptions, business succession planning, executive compensation, and corporate, partnership and individual tax planning. Partners' work experience includes positions with two Big Five Accounting Firms, corporate law firms, and most recently, he was General Counsel and Managing Director of a group of financial services companies.

Partner is an Attorney at Law licensed in Georgia, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Georgia and New Hampshire, and a registered general securities principal holding the National Association of Securities Dealers' Series 22, 24, 28, 62, and 63 licenses. Partner holds a Master of Laws, in taxation, from Emory University, a Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration in accounting and finance, from the University of South Carolina, and a Bachelor of Arts in American government from the University of Virginia. Partner is a member of the New Hampshire and American Bar Associations, the New Hampshire Society of CPAs, the American Institute of CPAs, and the American Association of Attorney-CPAs.

He likes to brag of being one of the few who can bring a Broker Dealer up from scratch in 45-60 days...but that's not our business.

What I continue to seek is a business 'Partner' who operates a Firm, or someone in transition that recently ran a successful Firm and would like to do it again!

Thanks,
    nb

#13     Apr 19, 2006

4. whoa, mr. bates. impressive!

any success so far?

surfer

#14     Apr 19, 2006
  5. nbates

nbates

Figured I check back in to see who's still awake here!

And it seems I've heard from the managers, yes they've weighted in, and I've noted their opinion on what their traders really need to be successful.

Now, I'd like to hear from the traders themselves! So please let me know what you think, what you want and what you absolutely need (if anything) that will help you thru the daily grind and what will allow you to be more successful trading today's markets.

Do you feel that you're being given access to or provided with the very best technology and tools available?

If so, that's great!

And if not, what do you think is missing?

What can and should be being done differently, better?

In a nut-shell, what do you feel is necessary for the 'ultimate' unfair advantage?

Just curious...

Thanks,
    nbates

#15     Apr 20, 2006
  6. nbates

nbates

still curious...any traders interested in sharing their expertise, a thought or opinion?

#16     Apr 29, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I need entertainment, because trading is freaking boring! Once you figured out what to do and when to do it, it is repetative like hell. I would rather make Nike shoes in China, then watch the ticker... :)

#17     Apr 29, 2006
  8. nbates

nbates

Man, I feel for ya'...sound's like you've hit the end of the road -> "same old grind".

I've been there, but never did like or become satisfied with the status-quo, so I find my excitement and entertainment pushing the envelope!
    :)

#18     Apr 30, 2006
  9. If anything there is too much stuff available. People seem to love the blinking lights, myself included. I spent four years playing with software and hardware before I woke up.

#19     Apr 30, 2006
  10. nbates

nbates

I agree...and the basic stuff, the things people do every day are missing!

For example, I want a "Flip" button that will cancel my trailing stop, close the position, take a contra position and automatically apply its trailing stop...all that with one click and happening in a few milliseconds...and...I want the execution of all that to be "smart" so I can go either way by pegging in and out (adding or removing liquidity) or use the optional "sweet spot" auto-tracking limit method.

It's those basic's, clouded by blinking lights, that just seem to get overlooked!

-jmho

#20     Apr 30, 2006