Expert Advisor Results

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderJoe08, Feb 17, 2010.

1. update

#11     Feb 23, 2010
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

ET is probably not the most effective place to be trying sell your EA...even if it's a good one. (I have no idea if yours is or is not).
    Youd be much better off to get some JV partners, get some marketing and sell it on CB...and youd probably make more selling it vs trading it anway.

#12     Feb 23, 2010
  3. i dont know that websites . i think this forum have many traders , thx

#13     Feb 23, 2010
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well I'm really nice guy, so I'll give you a bit of free advice. I've made alot of money selling products to traders, and ET is still oen of the most profitable places I've marketed...but your not going to sell an EA here. If your serious, if you have an EA that works, do feel free to get ahold of me. I sold one over the Christmas holiday on Clickbank, and attatched is the PROFITS (Not sales) that I made in about 3 weeks.
    I do one of these ever 7 to 9 weeks, and I'm always looking for programers that have quality EA's I can sell. The results from this one are fairly typical of what I do. I'm by no means the biggest guy out there (One last week made $1million the first day it came out), but I'm also not a small fish either.

Brandon

#14     Feb 24, 2010

5. Your drawdowns are much too large.

Your timeframe is too small as well.

What timeframe/candles are you trading?

A professional wouldn't take the time to see this through just because of the fact of the short time window of trading. Couple that with your outrageous drawdowns and I can promise you are chasing a dream.

Best advice to you would be to give up. Seriously, there is a lot of competition and they aren't all willing to help you out.

GL

#15     Feb 24, 2010
  6. thank you brandon by your info , i am dont understand english but really thx
    :)

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. Well, it's 15 min candles. I have 8 months of data with the results posted.

Sure, drawdown is high but i can tweak the money management criteria to take care of that problem.

30% in 8 months with ~6-7% drawdown. Granted it's only 8 months but i think that would pique some interest, no?

#17     Feb 28, 2010
  8. Interest in your world, but not so much in reality unfortunately.

You do not want drawdowns in excess of 5% MAX.

You will have to change your method of entry and exit. This will of course change the whole program, and it's not just like you can "tweak" something to reflect x% realistically.

Plus your time window is too small.

Think about it - you were testing in the biggest bull market of all time. Do you think 2006-2008 traded like this? The answer is no - you will need to get more backdated information. There is no avoiding that, or just keep forward testing for a couple of more years.

Remember, risk anything over 5% and it's automatically at the bottom of the bin according to professional money management. 2.5-3% would be prime and yes I know this is difficult.

#18     Feb 28, 2010
  9. Thanks for the info.
    Yea, i would like to test it during 06-08 i just can't find legit data that far back for metatrader 4 for a reasonable price.

#19     Feb 28, 2010
  10. 3.17% Max Drawdown 28% Return

If i can get data from 06-08 and the results are similar, do you think this thing has legs?

#20     Feb 28, 2010