Experiences with Collective2

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Worldcrusher, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Also, wouldn't it reflect on your personal rating? And if so, does anybody even care about that? (For example, a system with a high rating has a system developer with a very low personal rating).

Thanks,
    Daryl

#11     Jan 16, 2008
  2. Yea Matthew has fixed much of the site to eliminate potential for abuse (that scheme, as has been pointed out, wouldnt be possible now).
    My experience as a trader/member AND developer for a couple years now is that it suffers from being too much of a one-man operation - I mean Matthew can only do so much on his own. And all the interfaces are so home-grown and unique to the site, bugs and all...

Bottom line, for me, even though I am STILL a forum contributor, a subscriber to a few systems there, AND a vendor - great idea and concept, implementation needs development.
    W

#12     Jan 16, 2008
  3. lindq

lindq

He's a very clever guy with an interesting idea. But IMHO, the site should be ready for prime time by now, but it isn't. The graphic and user interface is a mess, and hasn't improved. A good art director could do wonders for it.

In my couple of experiences with systems on the site, servers seem to bog down just as the best (busiest) moments of trading opportunities appear. Too much frustration, and the attention I had to put on C2 was interrupting my own trading.

The site (no fault of his) is also populated with a few wackos that provide a less than professional environment, and that will not appeal to the average person with money to invest.

My suspicion is that he finds himself in a position with just enough income to make it worth his while to continue, but not enough to ramp to the next level and get some other folks involved in helping to improve the whole experience.

#13     Jan 17, 2008