Experienced Trader looking to open account with min 25K deposit

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WinItAll, May 21, 2011.

1. timcar

timcar

Dude(WinItAll) you arrived at the same conclusion that I found. From me on page 4.

“This statement is the reason why Prop shops are disappearing.

They offer the individual trader no real incentives (from what a tradition online broker has) and they want a cut of the traders profits. What a joke.”

#41     Jul 14, 2011
  2. Exactly. Just trade with a good online broker. 25K is enough money to see if you really know what you're doing.

#42     Jul 18, 2011

3. Just a comment, not disagreeing with what you say...if this works for you, then great. I have suggested to many traders to go with a 6 to one, with perhaps $300K or so of their own money... I question the idea with only $25k. And, of course, this has been our niche market for decades.

Say you buy 1000 IBM, and sell short 800 shares of HP - just to try to make $500 or so per day, you do this 3 times per day. ... well, 6 times $25K just doesn't cut it. Using (not abusing) $400K or so, with $25k... note that I said "using" - can allow you to actually make a living vs. having to trade in 100 share lots.

Yes, some can do ok with this 4 or 6 to one model, but think about how well they could do with access to more capital.

Just a thought.....

All the best,

Don

#43     Jul 18, 2011

4. WinAtAll,

Have you found anybody yet?

#44     Aug 17, 2011
  5. timcar

timcar

Don I love “Using (not abusing)” my trading leverage.

#45     Aug 18, 2011
  6. LOL, thanks..... you never know when you're going to get a "cowboy" trying to take a shot... LOL.

Don

#46     Aug 18, 2011
  7. mikedago

mikedago

I am new to this forum and apologize if this is not proper.
    I'm interested in exploring if trading is for me.

I was in business for 30 years and sold my company .
    i have zero experience and fully understand that my probability
    for success is very low !

your feedback is very impressive , can i get your email for some follow up questions ?

I promise to respect your time and i always make things a "win-win" !

Thank you for considering this request , Take care Mike - long island

#47     Aug 10, 2012
  8. buzzie77

buzzie77

#48     Aug 10, 2012
  9. mikedago

mikedago

i was specifically asking "WinItAll" if i may contact him or you prefer my email is mikez6@yahoo.com.

Thank you !

#49     Aug 10, 2012