Experienced Trader looking to open account with min 25K deposit

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WinItAll, May 21, 2011.

1. Yes you're right I do trade pretty small, I was thinking that since dumb little me can make money intraday that anybody still could. I trade in just about any futures market intraday without problems. Sorry to have misunderstood your size problem. My advantage over you is that I can get in and out quick , you can't .

Thank you for your explanation, and yes dumb little me learned something new today.

Regards

#21     May 25, 2011
  2. Would you have these problems in es , zb ? You can't profit intraday in these instruments even with your size ?

#22     May 25, 2011
  3. timcar

timcar

This statement is the reason why Prop shops are disappearing.

They offer the individual trader no real incentives (from what a tradition online broker has) and they want a cut of the traders profits. What a joke.

#23     May 25, 2011
  4. Froglet

Froglet

I am interested in seeing you write just a bit more about this. Why?

There seems to be a lot of egos and machoism going when people talk about 'execution' speed, slippage, and all that jazz. Anybody that has tried to chase pennies in today's world would probably be broke by now. The approach is definitely different. A sucker that feels egotistic would do a large trade at a price, only to expose his hand and get shafted.

HFT has changed it. How can people not see it w/ their own experiences? I know I have lost money, because I just cannot beat the computer, and the numbers they 'train' suckers to read is just BS.

But what I don't get is, how people are constantly saying they are able to beat the computer w/ a billion monitors, and flashing level 2 quotes.

Now, you wrote something about long term, and saying a stock price has to go where it has to go. But how would you know? If so, why not venture into calls?

Perhaps a bit more insight in terms of swing trading would be better? I do know the gap up and run days are like 'bonuses' for us all.

#24     Jun 2, 2011
  5. cloudy

cloudy

Thanks for the interesting info about the floor Winitall. I have noticed bars on a 5 minute /ES are hard to read a lot of the time. The guru I listen to currently says it's due to HFT automated trading.

If you don't mind winitall, since you were on the NYSE floor, can you comment about Larry Levin, and in particular his "Trading Advantage" training program(s)? www.tradingadvantage.com

Where he takes one on a visit of the floor and teaches clients in a group how to day trade /ES.

#25     Jun 4, 2011
  6. jc trading. they are maybe one of the best, if not the best firms out there.

#26     Jun 5, 2011
  7. gselsidi

gselsidi

To validate Winitalls opinion about HFT here is an article posted in another thread.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-06/schonfeld-to-fire-50-traders-as-speed-curbs-profits.html

2. Win I don't understand why do you need a prop-firm for if you are using your own money??? You can simply buy options if you want leverage, or even do FX trading for even more leverage. Level 2 you can get yourself???

3. I am in NYC too, maybe we can meet up and bounce ideas off eachother. I'm interested in swing medium term trading too. I think i got a pretty good system down just with simple EMA crosses, S&R, and Fibs.

Anyway shoot me a message if your interested.

On another note, Are there any reputable prop firms left? And i don't mean the highly selective ones that hire ivy grads. Are there any reputable normal prop firms that free training possibly paid, and firm capital?

non of these pay for training bullshit ones.

Thanks

#27     Jun 11, 2011
  8. Another one of those "I want to learn a skill that will last me my whole life but i want you to pay me to do it" guys.

dude, firms like wts and capital traders group and LES trading offer free training for broker-dealer customers. I think CTG and WTS have a $1500 minimum deposit and give like 50k bp and all charge less than 50 cents per 1k shares (the last time I checked) if you want to trade that program's style.

Unless you have the qualifications (MBA or ivy league degree) than putting up a deposit is the only way you're going to get access to large amounts of firm capitals (retail brokers provide 4:1 max. the case I give up about 33:1).

Those are the two choices. some firms charge $5000+ for training, some give it free with a small deposit. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Trading is a business that requires managing risk. if you can't manage your own risk capital, how can you cover a large firm's books? Either way the skills you learn will be useful for longer than the length of your stay with that firm. Can that be said when working at a bank? If you want to be an independent trader trading their own style, you need to grow up dude. seriously.

#28     Jun 19, 2011
  9. brenden

brenden

For training and professionalism WTS in NY is the tops
    i know a few acquaintances at WTS and its really good!
    good support cast

#29     Jun 25, 2011
  10. Do they make any money?

#30     Jun 26, 2011