Experienced Portfolio Managers only

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Robert Morse, Dec 25, 2016.

1. algofy

algofy

What happened recently for their following to drop?

#51     Dec 30, 2016
  2. ElSegundo

ElSegundo

No idea why they left-- Likely finally exposed as marketing personel rather than traders----Or failed traders using outdated junk science methods designed to appeal to you despite not being effective.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    #52     Dec 30, 2016
    algofy likes this.
  3. speedo

speedo

It's evidently a mystery to you.

#53     Dec 30, 2016
  4. ElSegundo

ElSegundo

I have been asking for 20 years for evidence-- NOTHING. So, Ill ask you-- prove it. Even though I know you can not.

#54     Dec 30, 2016
  5. speedo

speedo

Yeah, traders love to show their P&L to knucklehead trolls :D

#55     Dec 30, 2016
    Mtrader likes this.
  6. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Spoken like a true lone wolf.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

#56     Dec 30, 2016
  7. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

"What do you mean?" "Just that: have you ever known a board to do anything at all?" "Well, they seem to exist and function." "Do they? You know, there was a time when everyone thought it self-evident that the earth was flat. It would be entertaining to speculate upon the nature and causes of humanity’s illusions. I’ll write a book about it some day. It won’t be popular. I’ll have a chapter on boards of directors. You see, they don’t exist." "I’d like to believe you, but what’s the gag?" "No, you wouldn’t like to believe me. The causes of illusions are not pretty to discover. They’re either vicious or tragic. This one is both. Mainly vicious. And it’s not a gag. But we won’t go into that now. All I mean is that a board of directors is one or two ambitious men--and a lot of ballast. I mean that groups of men are vacuums. Great big empty nothings. They say we can’t visualize a total nothing. Hell, sit at any committee meeting. The point is only who chooses to fill that nothing. It’s a tough battle. The toughest. It’s simple enough to fight any enemy, so long as he’s there to be fought. But when he isn’t..."

The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand

#57     Dec 30, 2016
  8. This mad genius collaborated with himself to solve a 100+ year old math problem. Your history and mystery theories are flawed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/01/AR2010070106247.html

#58     Dec 30, 2016
    gkishot likes this.
  9. ElSegundo

ElSegundo

Solving a math problem is different, but that is still an outlier. There are reasons geniuses like jim simons collaborate with others----

Trading needs capital, brains, and talent. Its would be extremely rare to have all 3 in one person. Not impossible, but i have never seen it.

#59     Dec 30, 2016
  10. ElSegundo

ElSegundo

Ayn Rand is great, but some of her reasoning is flawed. Like the above.

#60     Dec 30, 2016