Experienced Portfolio Managers only

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Robert Morse, Dec 25, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Great opportunity for the right person. Back in the day, folks would have killed for this. Wow.

#31     Dec 27, 2016
  2. comagnum

comagnum

Great opportunity for the right person. Back in the day, folks would have killed for this. Wow.

Just hand over you proven winning strategy for a paycheck - you bring the whole cake and they will dangle an invisible carrot. Who wants to work with a bunch of Wallstreet clowns anyway with a small fund, scraping for a few crumbs? Maybe someone really young buried in massive debt with little hope of ever making it outside corp box is a good fit.

"I must create my own system or be enslaved by anothers"

#32     Dec 27, 2016
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhhh... it all depends how one structures the deal. No if ands or buts, its a HUGE opportunity. I guess I'm old school.

#33     Dec 27, 2016
  4. Do you have 100% faith in your abilities to survive as an independent trader? Would it potentially be more lucrative for you?

#34     Dec 27, 2016
  5. wintergasp

wintergasp

Yes, i work for a hedge fund so this is my profession. I run my bonus money on my own models also.

To answer your question about lucrativity, I get a fixed percentage of the incentive fees the fund i work for gets, as a yearly bonus. That can amount to a lot of money during good years and depends on external factors such as wether management gives me a large portfolio to manage or not and also the overall firms performance. In order to make the same amount of money by trading only my money, i would need to have a starting capital of 15m to 50m. Which i dont have.

Additionally, i work with very bright guys so i dont have any incentive to work alone in my basement.

#35     Dec 27, 2016
    alfa8 and Baron like this.
  6. It`s just an incorrect way Ninja calculate Sharpe.I occasionally see those crazy numbers when testing.

#36     Dec 27, 2016
  7. Fuck those guys. How many hours you put in a week? Personally, I would rather trade the open from my basement for a couple hours a day and not look at anyone. If you know your shit and adequately capitalized, you can pull in six figures without a problem. I go to the gym, or jog along the lakefront. I'd rather have my time than make 7 figures.

#37     Dec 28, 2016
    gkishot likes this.
  8. wintergasp

wintergasp

If i were well capitalized i would rather give it to 10-12 hedge funds and have a diversified portfolio rather than waste my energy on the market.

I "work" maybe 80 hours a week but a third of that is fancy food and afternoon beers, another third is programming and the last third is discussing with colleagues so i wouldnt say its a pain.

I guess its a matter of personnal opinion there's not really any right or wrong.

#38     Dec 28, 2016
    alfa8 and eusdaiki like this.
  9. Another weirdo - anomalis

#39     Dec 29, 2016
  10. wintergasp

wintergasp

Youve noticed the fairly small average trade profit right ?

#40     Dec 29, 2016