Experienced Portfolio Managers only

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Robert Morse, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Not all funds trade directional strategies. Most hft firms in fact don't. But I agree with you that this smells like a stinky big red carrot to fish for IP

#11     Dec 25, 2016
  2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

With all due respect Robert but this whole thing thinks to heaven. You now cannot ask the fund to provide more details after you have already changed your earlier statements from fund of fund to hedge fund? And what's with all this secrecy? What's there to hide? If anyone should hide and be careful then it's PMs with profitable strategies. A fund looking for people to hire should and must provide more information than "hey we offer funding, bring on your strategies and lets talk..."

Again this is nothing against you whatsoever, and the more surprising is it that you are acting so agitated. Nobody attacked you.

#12     Dec 25, 2016
  3. No no, we need them to carry on like that, because,
    One of the world's greatest traders once said:
    "Trends will always exist in the markets as long as there are people who cannot read them."

Sorry to the OP for posting something irrelevant to the thread.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    #13     Dec 25, 2016
    yiehom likes this.
  4. wintergasp

wintergasp

This makes no sense you would also have trends if everyone reads them.

#14     Dec 25, 2016
  5. When everybody is on the same side of the boat, she ain't gonna float.

#15     Dec 25, 2016
    alfa8 and Zodiac4u like this.

6. 6 FOF's--, advisory biz, sub-advisory biz and 2 internal funds?? Say what??? I guess the "family office" angle will be next. Oh my-- not even izzi could keep track of this

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    #16     Dec 26, 2016
  7. RMorse is a good man, so it's surprising he'd agree to serve as a beard for a fund manager who could himself easily enough take out a sponsorship and recruit above-board on ET. Possibly the fund manager is a client, and his request put RMorse in a tough spot.

#17     Dec 26, 2016
    Southampton likes this.
  8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I also believe that Robert is an honest chap, but here I think he comes across as being desperate to me. I believe the client is not a native English speaker (read again through the initial post, its pretty apparent; nothing wrong with that at all other than that it has been denied), my hunch is still Chinese or Asian. It is an unprofessionally worded, demanding list of wants without providing the slightest introduction and what they are able to offer. Most likely the client does not know about ET (and not that ET would anyway be known to produce PM talent) so Robert functions as middle man, expecting some sort of reimbursement for his efforts and/or maybe just a gesture of goodwill. Bottom line remains that there are a lot of red flags : * Unprofessionally, error containing wash list of demands, * stating first its a fund of fund, later changing to a hedge fund, * asking for strategies that contradict conventional wisdom and raise eyebrows. Sorry, its just all super weird, maybe just a joke, I don't know and personally I don't care.

What I care about, however, is my desire to warn newbies/quants who have not dealt with wolfs in this field yet. I have seen countless people with good ideas and even strategy implementations been taken for a ride, without the slightest reimbursement. Basically a broad daylight rape. I wish those who think brilliantly and produce great products would always be mindful about slick marketers and sales men as well. Again, I am not pointing fingers at Robert but at the individual behind it, who appears dodgy.

#18     Dec 26, 2016
    alfa8, nonlinear5 and Southampton like this.
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

No, I offered to help and said this would be a good place to find a new hire.

#19     Dec 26, 2016
    xandman and gkishot like this.
  10. xandman

xandman

If they are going thru Mr. Morse, it is big-boy talk that is done behind closed doors. Due diligence will always be necessary regardless of the level of play.

But, he is surely not talking Metatrader robots here. I think it is great that he endorsed our forum as a source of emerging talent.

#20     Dec 26, 2016
    alfa8 and eusdaiki like this.