Experienced futures scalpers: Chart or DOM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NoDoji, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Why look at the tracks in the snow when you can see the animal making them? Use your PC to do this rather than using your PC to make the tracks after the animal is long gone----

Chart readers are like the Amish in a buggy compared to reading pre transactional data with a PC ( a ferrari) ---every real trader knows this--- try out the software I linked to see what I mean-- its cheap and easy/// you will likely just stay in your buggy-- that's ok with me, the money has to come from someone. surf

PS-- With software similar to what I linked you no longer have to be smart enough to keep track of everything in you head OR have the specialized knowledge to read the DOM--- it does it for you, Jigsaw is the closest I have seen available to retail that discovers Price Drivers like the proprietary stuff i access.

#21     Jan 13, 2013
  2. no kidding, when I followed every tick of ES, I had every chart and indicator ever invented by man to look at. After a while, I figured, "Why bother? I already know what they are going to look like."

Charts are good to figure out what happened when you weren't there.

#22     Jan 13, 2013
  3. Exactly, why folks in 2013 have this religious fervor about protecting them is bizarre. I guess it goes back into a deep seated fear about technology and change--- pretty maps of the past makes them feel good ------ to each his/her own as the money has to come from someone and in this age it comes from the slow and resistant to change.

#23     Jan 13, 2013
  4. Daring

Daring

Talk, that just says blah blah blah.

I invite you to examine my live trade calls in this site and compare them with yours.

I joke 90% of the time and act 99% of the time, but when it comes to a live trade I'm all business, and that business is 100% based on charting.

#24     Jan 13, 2013
  5. I think you have taken offense when none was given. How I got myself in the middle of this (well, I guess I inserted myself here.)

Apples and oranges. Two people using the same words meaning different things.

Charts, it means something to someone, and something else to someone else. And that is just the word, "Charts." So they both argue over one word which has entirely different meanings to both of them.

#25     Jan 13, 2013
  6. Daring

Daring

No offense taken, especially on an anonymous site, but taking criticism from Surf on what should be used for trading is like listening to a blind man critique a painting.

What makes it all so absurd is how strongly he advocates the uselessness of charts and how great his price drivers are when his live calls are nothing short of probably the most laughable calls I've witnessed on this amateur site that's highly abundant of bad traders.

#26     Jan 13, 2013
  7. ok, I'm out of here, tried to throw in my two cents, but apparently all I had was a penny

#27     Jan 13, 2013
  8. Mercor

Mercor

Its amazing how so many of the posts misunderstood what you were asking about. You were not opening a thread about trading DOM only and no charts. You were just asking about a different way of entering your orders, directly from the charts instead of through the DOM.

#28     Jan 13, 2013
  9. FX dealers have promoted "on chart" order entry for years. FX dealers profit when you lose, think there is a correlation?

#29     Jan 13, 2013
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

Phew!! You had me scared also. I know you are DETAIL oriented and do a fine job scalping the CL so my immediate thought was "darn her, she is trying to fine tune a complete, successful method to finer perfection and we all know there is NO PERFECTION" in trading game.
    Thanks a bunch for clarification.......

Go to dress shop and pick up the dress, i told them to hold it for you and paid off the balance...........:)

Between you and me.......i am honing a method that is going to kick butt in ES. When finished, we should have a two week or so trading contest.........you and CL against me and ES..... :cool:

Golden globes tonight, almost time to watch the "HOTTIES" come down the carpet......... great show :D

EDIT: Sierra charts have good chart entry.........X-Trader still has best order entry though. An illinois broker has OCO that resides on THEIR servers so if you lose connection and have OCO order filled........no sweat, (so they say) They use open e cry charts...also have chart entry for sure.........

#30     Jan 13, 2013