Experienced Eurex traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ScalpGuy, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

What is your experience and how do you think is it better to use market stops or limit stops in Eurex (Eurex does not have a native limit stops so they are simulated by the broker)?

Product is FDAX and/or FGBL and broker what I am using is IB

Or if you cannot compare just say what you're using and how the slippage is doing...

2. depends on your size and how crucial the level, as well as the timing....over a number you will get loads of slippage.

3. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Okay.

What size you're doing and can you tell something special about the timing when thinking slippage?

4. rzepe5

rzepe5

don't know the bobl that well but the dax is going to give you slippage. move to the stoxx increase size a little and keep tighter stops and you should do okay. stoxx have a very thick book but sometimes you'll see bad price action. learn the trade and you should be okay.

5. i rarely work stops on Eurex, all the algos in my opinion and constantly stop hunting....showing locals something on a plate and deliberately stoping them out. I manage my own stops going to market when i feel i have got it wrong. For that reason my entry size has been reduced dramatically in the last 12 months.

However, last time i worked a stop over non farm was 3 months ago. I had 30 lots on, and the stop was filled 4 ticks from my trigger. In hindsight it was a stupid level to have the stop at. My whole 30 lot was filled at the same price. Hope that helps.

6. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Thank you very much for the information.

I haven't looked the stoxx yet. I will do it next.

Have to keep an eye for those stops and how they act...

Bund's (FGBL) sides looks fat enought for me (price goes quite steady).