Experience with Trade Alert

Discussion in 'Options' started by FSU, Aug 6, 2021.

1. FSU

FSU

Curious if anyone here has had any experience using Trade Alert for options flow analysis. They are part of the CBOE.

2. ajacobson

ajacobson

The gold standard. As much for the commentary as the data. Henry is one of the sharpest minds on the street.

FSU likes this.
  3. FSU

FSU

Thank you. I think I will give them a try.

4. I’ll echo the comment above but with emphasis on the data quality side (didn’t have much use for the commentary). Had custom requests and they were responsive, sharp, and professional.

FSU likes this.
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Cboe Options Institute oiadmin@cboe.com via bounce.s7.exacttarget.com
    Thu, Aug 5, 7:40 AM (2 days ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the last 18 months, the VIX® Index, VVIX Index and SKEW Index all hit record high daily closing values. Are you curious to learn how to utilize market sentiment gauges to inform your trading decisions?

You're invited to a live 75-minute webinar hosted by the Cboe Options Institute as industry experts Geralyn Endo and Henry Schwartz join Matt Moran to explore Options Order Flow Analysis & Tools.

Topics include:
    • Basic concepts for implementation of option orders
    • Tools and techniques for efficient orders
    • Finding trades to help meet investor goals
    • Enhanced timing of trades
    • Market sentiment gauges
    Options Order Flow Analysis & Tools
    Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2021
    Start Time: 12:00 p.m. noon ET
    Duration: 60-minute Webinar and 15-minute Q&A
    REGISTER NOW
    NOT ATTENDING

Webinar Speakers:
    [​IMG] Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Prior to buying or selling an option, a person must receive a copy of "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options." Copies are available from your broker or from The Options Clearing Corporation at www.theocc.com. Futures trading is not suitable for all investors and involves the risk of loss. The risk of loss in futures can be substantial and can exceed the amount of money deposited for a futures position. You should, therefore carefully consider whether futures trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. For additional information regarding futures trading risks, see the Risk Disclosure Statement set forth in Appendix A to CFTC Regulation 1.55(c).

Cboe®, Cboe Volatility Index®, and VIX® are registered trademarks and Mini VIXTM is a service mark of Cboe Exchange, Inc. or its affiliates. S&P 500® is a registered trademark of Standard & Poor's Financial Services, LLC, and has been licensed for use by Cboe Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. ©2021 Cboe Exchange, Inc. All rights reserved.

The information in this [paper, presentation, etc.] is provided for general education and information purposes only. No statement(s) within this [paper, presentation, etc.] should be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell a security [or futures contract, as applicable] or to provide investment advice. Supporting documentation for any claims, comparisons, statistics or other technical data in this [paper, presentation, etc.] is available by contacting Cboe Global Markets at www.cboe.com/Contact. The views of third-party speakers and their materials are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Cboe Global Markets, Inc. or any of its affiliates (collectively Cboe). Third party speakers are not affiliated with Cboe. This presentation should not be construed as an endorsement or an indication by Cboe of the value of any non-Cboe product or service described in this presentation. Under section 1256 of the Tax Code, profit and loss on transactions in certain exchange-traded options, including SPX and SPXpm, are entitled to be taxed at a rate equal to 60% long-term and 40% short-term capital gain or loss, provided that the investor involved and the strategy employed satisfy the criteria of the Tax Code. Investors should consult with their tax advisors to determine how the profit and loss on any particular option strategy will be taxed. Tax laws and regulations change from time to time and may be subject to varying interpretations.

Update your preferences or unsubscribe from these communications. To unsubscribe by postal mail, please write to: Cboe Customer Experiences, 400 S. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL 60605

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

back when I was institutional I had it. It was interesting to see their trade commentary but I don’t recall finding anything I could piggy back off of.

FSU likes this.
  7. I am a subscriber too and I can confirm that these guys know their stuff. As already mentioned, their custom service is very responsive and you'll get definitely a good support from them. All in all, I am a happy customer and I would recommend their service to anyone seriously interested in options. My only complain is that they are not always right in predicting the trade direction (though they go out of their way do to so). This is probably a more general tape reading problem and I guess several other vendors have the same issue. Since much of their prediction activity is based on the right guessing whether the trade was on the bid or on the ask, some could find this a little bit disturbing. However, since they are always working to improve their product, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working to solve or mitigate this issue.

FSU likes this.