Experience with my Broker..What do you pay?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by maxtrax, Apr 10, 2003.

1. I think you hit the nail on the head!

Judging by people's comments regarding the latency and lost packets on satellite feeds, I'm certain thats your problem. I think the sat connection may work fine for web pages and so forth, but not a trading platform!

I traded with Global using DSL. The data feed would get lost maybe once a week or so. Most of the time it came back within a second or two.

Now I'm using dial-up, and it works fine. I haven't traded long enough on dial-up to comment about lost data feeds because I've only been at it for several days.

Cheer,

kp

#11     Apr 11, 2003
  2. dragoncom

dragoncom

This 5.50 rt. Is this with daytrade4less? If so what volume are you trading to get this quote?:)

#12     Apr 11, 2003
  3. maxtrax

maxtrax

Im getting 7rt right now and I have been avg about 50 contracts a day.

To get the 5.50 rt commission, i believe you have to pay a fixed monthly of 550. SO in that case your commission is actually about 6 rt if you do about 1k contracts a month. So in essence I think it will always be above 5.50 . You may have to ask your broker though.

How is IB and Tradestation platforms compared to J-Trader anyone?

MT

#13     Apr 11, 2003
  4. Ebo

Ebo

I am quite happy with TradeStation Futures execution. My ONLY grievance is the inability to Cancel/Replace an existing order. They claim that the next release of TS7 will have this feature. It is very user friendly.

#14     Apr 11, 2003
  5. 50 contracts a day $3.50 per trade = $55 more than you would spend at Interactive Brokers at $2.40 per trade.

$55 times 19 = $1,045 per month.

What else could you spend $1,045 on per month?

#15     Apr 11, 2003