Experience trader in NY trying to get into Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tjuggler, Feb 16, 2009.

1. tjuggler

tjuggler

I traded prop for one of the most higly respected day trading firms in NY and FL from 1993 - 2000. I have been out of the business for most of the time since then. I am hoping to find a way to get my foot in the door for any firm in NY or remotely from my apartment starting in March or April. I am a positive person to have in an office particularly around newer traders. I can go for long periods with profitable consistency. Occassionaly, I have gone off disciplines like many of ET. Anyway, if there is someone with a prop firm, who may be willing to take me on with little or no deposit, please email me at trade2001@hotmail.com. Thank you.

2. Your experience from 1993-2000 means nothing in today's environment. If anything, it's a hinderance.

If you can scrap together $5k, you can get an account with leverage and even trade remote. Otherwise, there are only a few firms which will let you start with no money down, like Trillium and Jane Street.

3. tjuggler

tjuggler

I can probably scrape up the 5G necessary. Please let me know your top recommendations for a group that will help me the most to get reacclimated to short term trading and also a place where there is genuine sharing of ideas and strategies. Also if you have particular places to avoid that are just out to churn your 5G and then throw you out the door or a place that will say OK trade a lot you are on your own now. Please be as specific as possible. Thank you.

4. You are going to discover most prop firms do not want anyone with trading experience. I went to a marketing seminar by one firm and handed them my trading resume. Never got an offer, never a call. All they wanted to do is to get me to subscribe to their very expensive ($3000) trading course. Then I could trade with them.
    Whatever you do, be sure to have an attorney read the fine print of anything you sign from a prop firm. TRUST ME ON THIS.