Exiting Positions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by greenleaf, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Where's the jokes...I think you were able to read and understand what I said. you keep going on the theme you have chosen? Do you know why it comes up for you yet??

#31     Jul 1, 2003
  2. Great. I post stuff that is detailed because it is important to understand stuff in depth.

you are not a person who comprehends anything that demands your attention for more than a moment.

You waited for option to read it and plead insnaity yet once again and then you went into tyour "safe" copycat mode and have lkearned nothing still.

#32     Jul 1, 2003
  3. [​IMG]

FRuiTY

p. s. 777 will save this pic and use it in the future.

#33     Jul 1, 2003
  4. discipline above all. go for it. you aren't as quick as the other guys and you are holding your own on being definitive as usual.

ry out whay I have said if you have a stock that is running. you can get out of it within a week if you pay attention.

#34     Jul 1, 2003
  5. Monsoon

Monsoon

#35     Jul 1, 2003
  6. .

#36     Jul 1, 2003
  7. Move off the daily or the 30 min and go to the 5 min.

you can apply what I siad there if you have a realtime price and volume chart.

it is best to also segment the day. do this by eliminating the midday stuff for a while. that keeps you safe with just entry and exit strategies.

also just divide the volume into portions on the bond volume: low medium and high.

slip a day's chart into here using 5 min and I will spend the time annotating it for you.

#37     Jul 1, 2003
  8. If you hold period is multiday slip in a 6 day chart that starts with your entry and mark it. give me at least 1/4 of the cycle before the bottom so I can show you how to enter as well.

#38     Jul 1, 2003
  9. hwaxen

hwaxen

This is where keeping a journal is the perfect solution. In recording your trades you should start to see better exits caused by having a greater confidence in your trades. If you are not seeing this improvement, look at each trade you recorded to see where the problem lies. You might be widening your stops, you might be entering late, or you might not be gaining confidence in yourself as a trader.

Howard
    http://www.tapetactics.com

#39     Jul 1, 2003
  10. Okay the problem is defined at this point. he isn't monitoring as well as he could to get signals from anything like price, volume or and assortment of other stuff.

his confidence is there to see. This guy is even keeled and is looking to improve. He is making money.

I set 10% as his money velocity every week nominally.

When he begins to build from 10% a week it wikk be by doing additional weeding out of the extraneious and then ,if necessary slipping in only very powerful focussed stuff.

AAA and a couple of others have the Q's that need to be addressed. grenleaf is amply able to prioritize what he has to improve.

The B people will go away. they have very short attention spans and their AGM's are not too sophisticated.

#40     Jul 1, 2003