Exit Session pop-up

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by xandman, Nov 29, 2021.

1. xandman

xandman

How do I get rid of this thing? It comes on frequently and does not respond to any new time setting that I enter. upload_2021-11-29_19-1-44.png

2. This is how IB stays cheap. They have to restart their Java servers/apps so they don't need to find all the memory leaks.

Leob likes this.
  3. You can't. IB wants to reset TWS at least once per day. What you can do is to set a time at which you are not using it (e.g. when you're asleep).

xandman likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Why not just close your connection and put your trading machine into sleep mode before you go to bed?

Then just wake the machine up when you wake up in the morning, and reconnect. 'Tis what I do. No problemo.

5. xandman

xandman

It seemed to be popping up randomly. I'll reset it to 1 AM again and see what happens. Thanks.

6. Overnight

Overnight

You could probably find the setting in the registry tool "regedit" and disable it, assuming you are using Windows, but that would take some digging into the guts of the reg tree. Never an enjoyable experience. :)

7. You probably don't want to do this. About 30% of the time the setting magically gets switched to "Log off" from "Restart" and so TWS doesn't restart, just quits. Maybe they are sending me a message.

8. traider

traider

They don't have to do it on the client side if everybody gets 128GB to 256GB of RAM. Someone should propose it to them. This is not server side as clients will dc at all different times.

9. d08

d08

IBCAlpha does a fantastic job to solve this.

HobbyTrading likes this.