Exercise equipment... got favorites?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KCalhoun, Jul 18, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

What do you use?

In addition to free weights, lat & cable machines I like this recumbent bike a lot: marcy me709

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Concept rowing and concept bike.

I keep one of each indoors and one of each on the patio for working out outside without needing to move equipment around.

I'm not much into weights but when I do it...mainly with 40 / 50 pound dumbbells...rubber hex and solid cast hex.

Yet, nothing beats a good cardio rowing workout on the water.

wrbtrader

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. Hooti

Hooti

The higher end "Total Gym" can do a lot.
    Kettlebells and the exercises that go with them.

But...
    it's not how big the equipment is, it's how you use it.
    Sorta....

KCalhoun likes this.
  4. ph1l

ph1l

Abdominal wheel roller like

5. You want a great cardio workout? Hit the heavy bag for 20 to 30 minutes, or just shadow box. Search for heavy bag cardio at YouTube. Plenty of instructional vids. Takes a blowtorch to the calories. Try it, you'll like it

KCalhoun likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I too like the concept of rowing and biking while sitting on the couch. :)

Free weights and pulldowns.

KCalhoun likes this.
  7. Yes, that is great exercise. But I'm not sure it beats doing a full body resistance routine consisting only of compound exercises performed to failure, one after another in quick succession.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  8. [​IMG]

Plus

[​IMG]

Plus

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That's all I need to work every muscle group to failure.

wrbtrader and KCalhoun like this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah, I get my full body resistance from my dumbbell 40 - 50 Lbs exercise program. The rowing / biking strictly the aerobic (cardio)...correlates with a sports I use to compete in when I was younger.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  10. Banjo

Banjo

Freddy, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler".. Einstein. I think you've done it. I know you've spent years honing your craft. Can you kindly provide us examples of the compound exercises, your basic routine, you accomplish with this limited equipment. I'm at times space constrained, boat, and this package would solve that. Thanks for any info.

#10     Jul 31, 2020