Executive Director in Goldman Sachs is a 25 year old kid??????

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by misterno, May 2, 2010.

1. why do you care? He did not commit any crimes in the US. He worked in London.

#21     May 3, 2010
  2. jem

jem

Its not hard to believe a 30 year old could be at the top of the his game working with Goldman. They do work their ass off. The talented or crafty ones get to meet clients, make friends and bring in deals.

Wall street and silcon valley lawyers pretty much claim they do all the heavy lifting. The lawyers at the top of the ladder at the big law firms are generally older and very experienced. Now I am sure this is a biased perspective but it could be somewhat accurate. Every business lawyer I know grumbles that they should be getting paid for the deals instead of being paid as the lawyer.

#22     May 3, 2010
  3. Mr. Tourre is a 2000 graduate of École centrale Paris, where he studied mathematics, and a 2001 graduate of Stanford University, where he received a masters degree in Operations Research. He joined Goldman Sachs in 2001 and moved to the structured products correlation trading desk in New York around 2005, managed by Jonathan Egol.

He moved last year to London...

#23     May 3, 2010
  4. should he have worked in New York during the time of the deal in question then I stand corrected, thanks for bringing it up!

#24     May 3, 2010
  5. For those unaffiliated with the term "operational research" :

Operations research, also known as operational research, is an interdisciplinary branch of applied mathematics and formal science that uses advanced analytical methods such as mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization to arrive at optimal or near-optimal solutions to complex decision-making problems. It is often concerned with determining the maximum (of profit, performance, or yield) or minimum (of loss, risk, or cost) of some real-world objective. Originating in military efforts before World War II, its techniques have grown to concern problems in a variety of industries.

And Stanford University is certainly NOT A BAD not to say an excellent place to graduate...

#25     May 3, 2010
  6. I think its pretty clear Tourre is not as dumb as portrayed by the OP.

;-)

#26     May 3, 2010
  7. Lethn

Lethn

Age has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence, the only difference is experience, why do you think Obama was totally stumped when a kid asked him "Why does everyone hate you?". Children are usually far more intelligent than adults because they're fucking open minded whereas adults are usually close-minded arrogant pricks which I personally really hope I don't end up becoming since I've recently turned 20 now.

When someone tries to talk to a child about God the first thing they're going to ask when you try and place it as fact is "How do you know what he looks like?","How do you know he is real if you've never seen him?". We could learn a lot from bloody children but apparently we know far better than them and are arrogant enough to think they're stupid just because they ask perfectly legitimate questions about life.

#27     May 3, 2010
  8. wickcity

wickcity

He might be 31, but at the hearings, he spoke like he was a 7 year old. I'm sure this came from his coaching from his array of lawyers.

#28     May 3, 2010
  9. zdreg

zdreg

in africa they start them at 12 or less. these kids have no sense of morality. for them killing is like ordinary people going to the bathroom.

#29     May 3, 2010
  10. We all know in this industry for the most part by the time you hit 45 you are a burned out hack taking a pay that is way more then you are worth. This industry is always changing and I know in my company we have many people in early 30's in management positions. We need to have more up to date ideas if this industry ever has a chance to hit is glory date again, so I say "good on gs for hiring someone closer to the start of his career rather then then end in this position!"

#30     May 3, 2010