Execution time

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Strunz, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Realtime... When the market is orderly, the RFQ should be within a pip or dead on. If you have access to Reuters or EBS, you'll see similar quotes. When the market is bouncing around, I generally allow 3 or 4 pips from what I see on the screen. Any more, I just reject the quote.

#31     Mar 3, 2004
  2. Strunz

Strunz

shellback , please help me to realize if I have understand your words becouse my enghish is poor.
    For example in fast market conditions you are seeing on your streaming realtime prices (not dealable) EURUSD 1,2180/1,2181.
    If in that moment you Do a RFQ ,could the price appear with a more high spread but at the same level(1,2179/1,2182) ?
    Or the price could appear at a different level (1,2184/1,2185).
    I have not understand if the difference between the streaming you see before RFQ and the RFQ dealable price is a spread difference or a price level difference.
    If it is a price difference then this mean that Streaming prices (not dealable) are delayed.

Another question please.Last month I have contacted Reuters and EBS but they say to me that these are exclusively Interbank dealing systems and the corporate or the indipendent traders can not to take part at the system.
    The EBS data feed (only data feed not dealing) named EBS RATES is also available for corporate via bloomberg , but the prices are intentionally delayed by EBS of 2 seconds..
    Also The Reuters data feed (only data feed not dealing) is intentionally delayed and manipulated with the intent of don't give to "not bank customers" the exact knowledge where is the market.
    How can you see Reuters or EBS quotes in real time, please ?Thank you very much.

#32     Mar 3, 2004