Execution time

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Strunz, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Strunz

Strunz

Dear AlderNY ,
    I have read your old posts where you tell aboute your problems with CMC (also about your money restitution).
    What exactly happens ?

I have read on CMC advertising on internet : "Normal deal execution time is two seconds. For execution only, which means you make the buying and selling decisions".
    Sure I have more trust in you that in their advertising :!
    But on others forum others CMC customers write that they have instantaneous execution.
    Perhaps are you a scalper and they put you in manual execution becouse you had scalped their ?

Are you still trading with REFCO FX Online (institutional platform) ?

Thank you

#11     Feb 29, 2004
  2. STRUNZ... i trade futures only... i trade with interactive brokers.... i didnt mention it before because many people feel that we ib users are always plugging them... the truth is they are a great broker for the small remote trader....

#12     Feb 29, 2004
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Strunz
    During fast market conditions sometimes it would take several minutes for a trade to show up in the account.

#13     Feb 29, 2004
  4. AdlerNY

AdlerNY

Strunz, no…it’s not a case, I’m not a scalper. Forex is not a market where trader can do scalping....IMHO of course.

Second, usually endless discussions about fx brokers are a newbie’s business. -) They believe the key of success is there -)

I opened my account with CMC last year without doing the proper research, and only based on my previous relationship with them.
    If I could be in the market for new forex broker right now and read what other traders said about CMC, they would drop from the list of my potential broker immediately. After reading all the info you still considering them as you new broker I have nothing further to add.

Here is my professional advice to you or someone who’s looking to trade Forex.

If you are planning to trade majors, then Globex the only choice.
    If you have small amount of money up to 10G's and want to practice with a live account - then I would go:
    1)Oanda
    2)RefcoFX.
    If you have 10k -20k plus, try SAXO. They are really good. They care about customers, great trading platform, etc.
    If you have 50k-100k+ - go to Refco forex desk. They are well capitalized and very professional.

Good luck.

#14     Mar 1, 2004
  5. johnk49

johnk49

#15     Mar 1, 2004
  6. taboni

taboni

I have found the executions at hotspot to be excellent. I have said it before, but as an ex interbank dealer it is the closest thing both functionality and spreadwise to a true interbank platform. The execution is instantaneous just like EBS and they tell me they are adding a couple more banks to provide pricing so I expect the spreads to narrow a bit from what they post now. Plus they don't run a trading desk so they don't care whether I scalp or not so I don't get this manual execution problem that you guys complain about. Just my $.02

#16     Mar 1, 2004
  7. Why is the blatant promotion of hotspot allowed here?

#17     Mar 1, 2004
  8. taboni

taboni

Someone asked a question and being that I have experience with the paltform I answered it.. no more promotion than that I have read regarding Oanda in other posts...

#18     Mar 1, 2004
  9. Why would anyone trade under these conditions? I've traded with 3 market makers (now only 2) and the trades are posted to the accounts immediately or within a second.

#19     Mar 1, 2004
  10. Strunz

Strunz

shellback , please can you tell us which are these 3 market makers ?

#20     Mar 2, 2004