Execution speed

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by redman, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Wellcome, Mark, but we have never traded wi-fi - this was our very first valuable lesson when we started finally to contact some USA's brokers, back in 2010, and they promptly and generously expla=ned that Wi-fi is absolutely not practicable for the intraday trading.
    The very issue in order to build the dialogue is to accept, that USA's raised/born people are overall over advanced regarding trading knowledge and protection. It looks to you and many others impossible - but this is what really is - the trading for out of the USA and others trading advanced jurisdictions (Canada, UK, Australia, Germany? Singapore? Hong Kong?) is still be treated like witches in medieval - must be burned!

#21     Jul 27, 2018
  2. sle

sle

LOL, what?

#22     Jul 27, 2018
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

sorry but i was talking directly to the op redman not you ok i have no idea who you are. but clearly redman said he was on wifi...

#23     Jul 27, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. redman

redman

No worries........got back to n.y. and figured it out. Was connection out of state. Lesson learned. Getting .5- 1.0 executions now.

#24     Jul 28, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  5. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Sorry, thank you for clarification. Our story is on my profile page website. assumed you was speaking to me because your post was coming right after mine. Have a nice day!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    #25     Jul 28, 2018
  6. d08

d08

And why do you need to use UBS Bahamas? Also, what are 20 seconds and 25 minutes? Doesn't make any sense. Execution takes less than a second, sometimes up to 2 seconds.

#26     Jul 28, 2018
  7. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Exactly, and this is the core issue of our litigation - we used UBS Bahamas first because we are living here and at that time, in 2012, we were not familiar with USA's brokers, we were totally brainwashed by Suisse's banksters about the real side of financial service providers in the USA and afraid to put any money with them because they "most likely can close everyday and your capital will go".
    Second, our income stop, so UBS's offers to Real Estate Collaterized Loan (RECL), sold to us by the family "friend' sounds attractive to us.
    And then yes, nightmare begun and when we came to UBS and demanded to be refunded for those executions , with disastrous delays, they refused and started to squeeze us by presenting the false story in the court.
    To answer the second part of your question 20sec 25min :
    1. When we started work with them and signed for RECL we were obviously promised to have their famous electronic platform, which is TT's product, perfectly fine for us
    3. After 4 months of loan arrogation, huge interests charged and no platform access we were told that only one way would be to place orders by email followed by calls. Fresh with the memory of catastrophic executions by Credit Suisse, Bahamas, we pretended by UBS to have written execution time -this was 20 seconds
    4. I am skipping now many details of how they tortured us, to the point - 25 minutes was the execution time we get for a few trades! On high volumes ETF, with our order less than 1% of total volume. We never get 20 seconds, the fastest was a couple of minutes - it is lucky that all orders and executions were generated and confirmed by email, so we have the exact record. But we will have to persuade the court in the Bahamas that it is absolutely not normal.
    You will ask, probably, but why simply not to use time and sells reports? Simply because UBS did not provide us with any, the same is CS, only their insiders' so-called traders advise - no exchange number, no clearinghouse name, no exact execution time, nothing. For this reason, we assuming it could be new Madoff's case generated in thBahamasas. Let's see - now judge ordered to produce all documents for a trial before the 30 August 2018. So far they ignored all our notices for production of documents which by Supreme Court rules of the Bahamas they must address within four days. Judge giving them a lot of time and, we hope and believe, getting his time to understand the volume of this drama.
    5. We were refused DMA after 10 months, were told that minimum account for DMA is 5 mln$.
    I know, it sounds unbelievable to me now. I also now that should we teach ET and the world before, instead of staying so isolated in the family, we would not be in so deep distress. Well, it is where we are now and moving slowly with the courts.
    From the other side the abyss between industry services for clients who are coming with significant capitals through Suisse banksters is huge. I hope it will change, maybe our case will help.
    Thank you for the interest.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    #27     Jul 28, 2018
  8. IB is holding my marketable limit orders on US stocks for 1,100 ms before sending them to an exchange. SMART router settings and even "sweep to fill" are not improving this. When they hold an order it is always 1,100 ms with almost no variation in the delay. This is very repeatable. So far they can't tell me why but they claim to be researching it. This delay does NOT impact most orders that go onto the order book. All those orders are acknowledged in about 70 ms.

Do you have any words of wisdom? Any other broker recommendations? I'm sending orders with software and will need an API for order entry.

EDIT: They are holding them 1,100 ms before taking any action. Execution time then adds a little bit more to this.

#28     Sep 26, 2022
  9. qlai

qlai

Turn off dark pools?

#29     Sep 26, 2022
  10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What country are you trading from?

#30     Sep 26, 2022