execution of spreads

Discussion in 'Options' started by met1989, Apr 15, 2019.

1. met1989

met1989

Hello I'm looking to place butterflies spreads but it seems that Tdameritrade they have issues that never go out when u do limit order do other brokerages have better executions with cboe?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What makes you think the limit order for your spreads is not on CBOE? IF you direct to CBOE, and they send it, you would see it here. http://www.cboe.com/cob
    There might be a delay.

oldmonk likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

I have filled literally millions of contracts in flies via TDA. They are DMA but you cannot choose venue. You're trying to fill at mid? Open an IB account and route direct to CBOE.

4. met1989

met1989

What’s DMA? Do u wanna teach me how to trade?

5. destriero

destriero

Direct Market Access.

I am thinking that you are attempting unrealistic fills by pricing at value (mid). You're unlikely to be filled at mid.

6. FSU

FSU

Using TOS platform through TDA, you can direct your orders. I see 9 exchange choices for single orders, and 3 for spreads (CBOE, PHLX, and ISE)

destriero likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

lol thanks.

8. met1989

met1989

So mid never gets filled u say?

9. destriero

destriero

Not never. It's unlikely because a bot is not going to fill at mid. It's gotta be a MMer looking to cross at value to decrease the risk in their book. Or price moves to your limit order (no longer at value).

oldmonk likes this.
  10. FSU

FSU

Depending on what your are trading, orders over a certain size may go to a broker instead of directly into the COB with TD(SPX and VIX) Other than this, all their orders should go directly into the COB, and it shouldn't matter what broker you use (if the order is sent to the CBOE)

#10     Apr 15, 2019