Executing order at a 'specific time'...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lindq, Oct 7, 2019.

1. lindq

lindq

Is anyone aware of a broker other than IB that offers an order type to execute the order at a specific time of day?

I am not referring to opening or MOC orders, but at a selected time of day during market hours.

Thanks.

2. ThinkOrSwim offers a number of complex order rules including submit order at a specific time and cancel order at a specific time.

3. R1234

R1234

ThinkOrSwim can do time specific orders. Added benefit is ThinkOrSwim is now commission free. IBKR Pro (where you can do time specific orders) charges 1/2 a cent per share.

4. lindq

lindq

Thanks.

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Yes, it is possible on the R Trader platform by Rithmic. You can specify a specific time for execution.

Traderesque likes this.
  6. Funny you should ask this question as this was something that I discovered only recently. Thinkorswim and TradeStation both offer this capability. Actually, many other brokers / platforms probably do as well if you explore the advanced order capabilities.

7. I believe this is possible with TradeStation. May need a bit of ''programming.''

8. Not really, just need to check the "Activation Rule" box in your order bar and then open the activation rule feature. It allows you to place an order triggered at or after a certain time.