exclusive YM daytraders for a living?..how can you do it?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Sep 17, 2007.

1. cvds16

cvds16

I couldn't agree more

#11     Sep 17, 2007
  2. thanks for the post...what is the MAX "all in" contracts of YM you have traded?at one time...

#12     Sep 17, 2007
  3. great...do you think the YM is better than the ES?..what is the MAX # of YM contracts you have traded at once?"all in and all out"??...thanks for the reply

#13     Sep 17, 2007
  4. 30 - 40 contracts at one time was my largest orders so far. But on average from experience 10 - 30 lot orders fill no problem most of the time.

Most retailers in YM are doing 1 - 15 contracts from what I have seen and no worries there.

#14     Sep 17, 2007
  5. Thanks OC...perfect!!

#15     Sep 17, 2007
  6. andread

andread

30 is still pretty big, isn't it? Do you use limit or market orders?

#16     Sep 18, 2007
  7. I've covered and sold in excess of 50 contracts in the YM when my averaging up plays caught monster rides and the slippage was not acceptable.

However, anything between 1-20 was not a problem in the least.

Anek

#17     Sep 18, 2007
  8. limit only, market orders will hurt more in YM since the b/a sizes drop off occasionally and it can move away from you.

It might not hit all 30 at once, it often rings like a cash register hitting 5 then 3 then 8 then 4 etc.. but it is rare that it fills like 8 and then runs away. That is always a risk though. However I agree with the above poster that 20 or less always seemed to fill pretty fast.

I often scale in and out of large positions as a matter of my style, not because of YM so I will admit that a full 30 order at once is occasional but my only complaint versus ES which is pretty deep is that it takes a few hits to fill the order.

#18     Sep 18, 2007
  9. pvg80713

pvg80713

hello,
    it´s my first post !
    tryed to day trade for several months ES NQ ER2, and I am still trying to find a method to get in and out , short or long...
    I´m always wrong, I see that many of you can make a living with this....

any suggestions ?
    thanks !

#19     Sep 18, 2007
  10. If you are always wrong, trade against your intuition and then learn why THAT worked as opposed to what you had been doing which was always wrong and work from there.

#20     Sep 18, 2007