Exclusive: Mastercard Singles Out Unregulated Forex, CFDs, Binary Brokers and ICOs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Apr 30, 2018.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. southall

southall

Title says 'singles out' then goes on to list 4 different types of instruments.

3. Xela

Xela

It does (and they could certainly have done with a better headline sub-editor!) but the meaning's perfectly clear, I think: what they're "singling out" is the scammy and mostly fraudulent stuff that comprises the four groups then specified.

And no surprise, there.

Industries that consistently fail to regulate themselves adequately eventually get external problems imposed on them by other parties (governments, legislators, financial organizations, etc. etc.).

And when that inevitably happens, the people complaining the most vociferously are typically the ones whose behavior caused in the first place all the issues to which their externally imposed problems are seen (by some) as "solutions".

It was ever thus.

The types of "broker" that MasterCard are "singling out" are, predictably enough, exactly the same ones against which governments worldwide are now very gradually (but increasingly) starting to legislate, too.

"The mills of regulation grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small". [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. Instaforex is screwed! They have solicated my money for years...

5. Overnight

Overnight

(Bolding is mine)

Xela wins the most-rarely-used-word-of-the-month-of-the-year-award, issued every couple of months. The hell is the last time anyone has seen that word used anywhere in any contemporary printing ever over the past 2 months.

P.S. Xela, I knew you had a keen acumen for language, but you come up with some great words now-and-again that throw me off kilter in general reading of the tripe that is today's gander. I get the sense that I would feel very bad pain if we were to have a challenge in a timed-crossword game, or some Scrabble challenge, etc. The fact that you take pains to emphasize your typing leans me to get a sense of your character. (I have seen it for quite a while, I had never expressed it is all...) It is keen and good. Just wanted you to know that.

Xela likes this.