Excess money ? How do you grow/store it ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zanek, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I understand..But I could deal with that towards the end of the year. It seems to me that Obama will want to wipe it out as he wants everything that is bad for the country to go through so he can pass his vision upon us. So it is likely that this time he may win. Do not discount his abilities to get re-elected. The morman does not have a chance.

ES

#21     Jun 14, 2012
  2. eurojack

eurojack

Money shouldn't be stored or piling up. That's bad for the whole monetary system we live in, because it wasn't designed for that. Money should constantly be circling and changing hands to stimulate economy. You know the infamous saying "money makes the world go around", well not if it gets piled up it doesn't.

If you have excess of money, invest it, don't let it lie on your account. I have savings ie excess of money but almost everything in non-cash assets. My portfolio is diverse and liquid. I don't have much, about $10k but nothing in cash. Visit crowd funding websites to find good projects to invest in. Shady business is the best kind of business to invest your money in such times.

#22     Jun 14, 2012
  3. The following are a few ideas some more crazy than others . Buy some farmland and rent it out, guns, ammo, gold , silver, copper, whiskey,wine, class 5 rock, forever stamps , wheat, corn , soy, oil all hold intrinsic value in a fiat currency printing bananza.

Rental real estate if you dare... could hire out a property management company if you don't like tenants and toilets.

If you made money because you know how to trade well and not by a lucky streak then continue to compound growth with trading. Diversify some of your assets accordingly if you wish . Every transaction is essentially a trade regardless. If you make good trades in life your account only goes one way over the long haul.

Some people literally keep all their money in a money market and just trade with a small percentage of there capital as margin in a brokerage account everyday. Some have most their nut in a diversified long term portfolio and trade with a small portion intraday. Some have their capital spread out through diff brokers. So many options, be smart, don't put all eggs in one basket.

Different strokes for different folks.

#23     Jun 14, 2012
  4. Seems like a weird question coming from someone who has made significant money in the markets. If you're saying that you're already at your capacity limits for your strategies, then I'd either place money with other traders or just put it in a diversified portfolio of asset classes.

#24     Jun 14, 2012
  5. Handle123

Handle123

It depends on when you think you will need your funds again and of course experience. Real Estate is always when you bought the property as far as making money in it, you buy too high and you are saddled with something forever or have to take a huge loss to sell it, and I think real estate is still too high. Tax Lien notes are very very nice, your money is backed by the property, and if owner doesn't pay in a couple years-you get the property.

Coins/stamps/art/sporting items/old cars go up and down like the market. When economy is dropping, everything comes down in value.

Farmland/ranches/water rights are pretty constant, and the leases are very nice to have. Any business that makes monthly returns are best, so start or buy lawn care, car detailing, Pooper Scoopers, Oil Changes- businesses that require so much experience but people don't want to do themseleves. If you care to get a little more involved-start an Ebay business. Find someone who makes jewelry and sell at flea markets. Buy repo house trailers, fix up and resell.

Anulities are nice but returns are slow right now. There are always investments to put your money into that are better than MM rates.

Good luck.

#25     Jun 16, 2012