Excess money ? How do you grow/store it ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zanek, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Go to high dividend yieldstocks of established growing companies with a low relative price.

If you can not tolerate ANY risk you are dead anyway - there is no way to do that. You rule out ANYTHING.

I personally just hand not used funds over to my banker, who stashs it into an insurance (where I live that is basically a tax shelter) and runs it into some diverse funds. The combination of income + place where I live thank heaven qualifies me for a private bank - so no crappy products for low income people.

But you must be able to take SOME calculated risks, otherwise you are stuck with really bad yields at the moment, such is the price of zero risk.

#11     Jun 14, 2012
  2. AK100

AK100

Always love the Gold knockers.

Don't forget folks, it's been one of the best performing asset classes over the last 10 years.

#12     Jun 14, 2012
  3. He knows of what he speaks...

:)

#13     Jun 14, 2012
  4. I worry that the exchanges might shut down for months. That happens sometimes.

#14     Jun 14, 2012
  5. zdreg

zdreg

you could do what the germans did during the great inflation. you could use it as fuel for heat.
    [​IMG]

#15     Jun 14, 2012
  6. Your joking right?

There is so much mark-up on these products Gold would need to go up like 20% just to BE.

ES

#16     Jun 14, 2012
  7. I would invest in high-dividend paying stocks for the tax advantages. You must hold those puppies for 61 days though.

or..

Pay taxes now and plunk it in a self-directed Roth Ira. What to do then would be another story. But at least you have the taxes out of the way.

ES

[​IMG]

• cash.gif
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
    #17     Jun 14, 2012
  8. one billion dollars. This is what its all about baby...

[​IMG]

#18     Jun 14, 2012
  9. Funny you say that...Wifey prefers this method...She said the same thing and then I said how will we put the mattress in our Safe Deposit Box?

The Savants are not the sharpest nails in the shed...

ElectricSavant and Family

#19     Jun 14, 2012
  10. Bob111

Bob111

i agree with you,but i have problem with current bunch in DC. cause it's hard to plan anything,when those folks are in charge. as far as i remember-if they let current tax cuts extensions expire-the dividends will be taxed at the top of your tax bracket with max rate of 39%?

#20     Jun 14, 2012