Excellent & Troubling Interview on US. Econ'c Future: Video

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 31, 2009.

1. GPS: Panel on Economy 7:16
    Niall Ferguson and Joshua Cooper Ramo discuss recent rosy predictions of the state of the world economy, and how these 'green shoots' are mere propaganda.

This interview is outstanding, discussing the U.S., China, India, and Brazil, inflation versus deflation (Godzilla vs. King Kong), European problems, and the issues China faces, politically and economically.

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=dom&vid=/video/us/2009/05/31/gps.zakaria.economy.cnn" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.cnn.com/video">CNN Video</a></noscript>

2. weld1

weld1

tell me blsh what do u think the us could do to stabilize this situation in the short term?

3. Stop propping up failed banks and businesses, encourage capital investment and businesses to expand or begin with massive capital expenditure tax cuts, design and implement a policy to give massive incentives for all the world's nations to design and build their products in the U.S.

Also, move to a consumption rather than income tax, which will allow us to grow dependence on purchasers and consumption outside of our borders, while encouraging more savings (and making us less dependent on U.S. consumer debt) here.

Jobs. Jobs. Jobs.

We'll build anything here and do it better and cost effectively.

Crush the remaining resistance of the unions.

4. weld1

weld1

now wait a minute... i agree with all u said except crush unions. there has to be a baseline for wages in this and every country. destroy that base and we all work for pennies. tell me where the tax base will come from to support this country when its third world wages.

5. ..........................................................................................

Excellent Post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. weld1

weld1

yea let everyone hire illegal workers and pay them with our tax dollars 10% of the real wage so all the HAL and flr can make a killing while very little is being put back in the real economy. that will work!!

7. weld1

weld1

u guys probably think the unions ruined the auto industry also i guess...

8. Stosh

Stosh

No, actually it was those who allowed the unions to get out of control.......which would be stockholders, directors, management and car buyers.......along with gov't interference. Plenty of blame to go around.....just like in the subprime mortgage debacle. Stosh

9. the1

the1

This will never happen because by requiring you to fill out a 1040 each year the IRS has you by the balls and knows exactly what pots you are pissing in. Income tax is not about money, it's about information and control and they will never relinquish that kind of power!

10. weld1

weld1

being in the car business in america for 50 yrs should have been a money printing endeavor to say the least. the only thing to derail that was bad management in a way that was unthinkable. americans buy cars before clothes and houses. these are the worst run corps. in history. wages are less than 4% the price of a car. for instance ford fought seat belt laws in court for 5 yrs!!! the old saying was if a pollution law was proposed japan hired 2 engineers, big 3 hired 10 lawyers....pick someone else to hate besides unions.

#10     May 31, 2009