Excellent Indicators to daytrade the ER

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Cazza La Randa, Aug 23, 2006.

1. This is funny. Hypo getting some of his own medicine.

#31     May 2, 2007
  2. Charly

Charly

it's page 3

#32     May 3, 2007
  3. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

I agree about not to many indicators , you don't want to cloud your mind. I look to fade big moves fro a few ticks, although the past few days have been tough they can still be done. I use a sma, on a 3 minute chart. There is usually a reversal (big one) sometime through out the day. Thats great if your a trend trader. But I look at the price action, the even levels in the er2 and then usually wait for a break above those of about 7-8 ticks and then fade. Seems to work. I am just an old day trader who did the same thing in stocks years ago. It is harder on indicies but works. If you start to over analyze when you are scalping u get screwed. I like the er2 because of the costs and 10$ per tick. Not as much volume as the es which is nice as well. I do have the es up when I trade to see if it leads and watch for correlations or when es is making new highs and lows.

#33     May 3, 2007
  4. Razor

Razor

Hi Charly,

Still looking for more info, what about pg 3 ?

Cheers :D

#34     May 3, 2007
  5. Razor

Razor

Hi Steeram,

Interesting, how much are you usually willing to risk (tick wise) to make your few ticks (I assume you mean +.30 to +.60) ?

I would imagine you have to do reasonably big size if you are only hitting one to two trades a day and looking for a few ticks on each ?

Any chance you can post a chart showing what you do ?

Cheers :D

#35     May 3, 2007
  6. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

sorry for the misunderstanding. I am not trading big size. I do 4-5 lots or so. I dont do a few trades a day. I ususally trade about 150 contracts per day. In and out alot.

#36     May 3, 2007
  7. Razor

Razor

Kinda like this Steeram ?

Cheers for taking a look :D

If you have any more input please PM me :D

[​IMG]

#37     May 3, 2007
  8. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

sent you a pm

#38     May 3, 2007