Excel

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kwancy, Jul 20, 2006.

1. fader

fader

here is a thread discussing this product: http://www.quotein.com/
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60297

their website says: "up to a thousand of fast streaming quotes (with 10 fields each) are well within the limits of an average machine Snapshot" - does anyone have experience with this?

#31     Aug 23, 2006
  2. absolutely beautiful.. many thanks for that link..

btw alanm is correct.. i missed the real time ticker part..

#32     Aug 23, 2006
  3. Try this

http://www.fintools.com/?sigtools

#33     Aug 23, 2006
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

thanks Alanm batman and fader.

what i was thinking about as far a data fields was not including every bid offer size but only the last traded price. I can look at L2 for further analysis the other thing i wanted to add is multiple formulas based on statistics calculated based on price and volume intraday and daily some will have to be updated by the minute at least and other download once per day or static for daily info.

I also may need access to store at least a day of intraday one minute data and daily data or a few weeks.

thanks for all you help

#34     Aug 24, 2006
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Anyone know of a Excel Add in or tool that would allow downloading of other non price data fields such as float or shares short into an excel spreadsheet?

I need to download the data in a column next to the ticker.
    Gummy's spreadsheet will do exactly this with a small number but crashes if I try and download a large number. Other progs seem to be only for price and volume data and unable to handle other fields.

I have the code for e.g. float from Gummy's web site but does anyone know where I can find some of the other non price data such as shares short and others under Key Statistics/Share statitics. In Particular:

Average Volume 3m
    Average Volume 10d
    Shares Outstanding
    Float:
    % Held by Insiders:
    % Held by Institutions:
    Shares Short :
    Short Ratio :
    Short % of Float :
    Shares Short (prior month):

I have tried a google search but if there are some keywords that work so that I can narrow it right down to those that I should be using to find what I am describing above I would appreciate them.

#35     Feb 13, 2007
  6. mokwit

mokwit

#36     Feb 14, 2007
  7. mokwit

mokwit

Is there a higher limit with e.g. Open Office or what is/used to be called Applix or any other such Excel clones in terms of number of filelds handled via DDE type interface? Prefer Windows compatible apps but would consider something running on Linux.

Excel DDE tops out at 2500 fields if you are lucky - I need three levels of Bid/Ask, last size + Last Price and need to apply over thousands of symbols. Does anyone know what the limits are with the successor to DDE whose initials I can never remember (RTS?)

#37     Jul 1, 2008