Excel

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kwancy, Jul 20, 2006.

1. ktm

ktm

If you can see the data somewhere, just block, copy and drop it in Excel. You'd be surprised how well this works on many websites.

When you right click, use paste special to exclude any formatting or extra stuff that got copied.

#11     Jul 21, 2006
  2. wz7ll9

wz7ll9

many ways to win!

#12     Jul 21, 2006
  3. I'm interested in learning to program with Excel as well. What would anyone rec. to learn? VBA, C+, etc

Thanks,

Brian

#13     Jul 21, 2006
  4. wz7ll9

wz7ll9

kwancy seems to know "everything" maybe he will enlighten us??

#14     Jul 21, 2006
  5. VBA is definitely the way to go with excel for several reasons:

1. VBA (or VB) is a relatively easy language to learn, and yet it is powerful enough to do most tasks.

2. It is built into excel.

3. You can use the macro recorder to create VBA code and modify it for your purposes. This also can be a great learning tool.

4. There are lots of resources on the web for learning.

#15     Jul 21, 2006
  6. rosy

rosy

I would highly recommend everyone learn how to program. You will find that you can automate most people's jobs out of existance (ie. trading pits, execution traders,...). The thing is most people give up after looking at a page or less of programming material.

#16     Jul 21, 2006
  7. I don't think so

#17     Jul 21, 2006
  8. segv

segv

My suggestion would be to get started with C#. It is easy to learn, and it will be easy for you to pick up other languages like Java or C++.

-segv

#18     Jul 22, 2006
  9. GAZ

GAZ

I use for 4 years a beautiful and not expensive plug-in for Excel, work with real and end-of-day data. Sure will work for you.

www.esquotes.com/

Best regards.

#19     Jul 22, 2006
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradersStudio basic is modeled after a cross between Excel VBA and TradeStation EasyLanguage. We also have a source level debugger.
    Since it's a trading platform it handles all of the charting and reports for you. It can also do portfiolo level testing and dynamic money management. All the reports can be saved in Excel format. It also has a OLE link to Excel. You can take a look at an overview of the product at

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Overview/tabid/68/Default.aspx

#20     Jul 22, 2006