Excel trading through IB template

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jimc, Jan 31, 2019.

1. jimc

jimc

Hello-
    I am looking for a template or basic excel sheet that will be used for trading through Interactive Brokers. I have looked into a few vendors that supply this type of stuff but I thought someone with experience may be able to point me in the right direction.

I am decent with excel and have used IB for maybe 20 years. Now I just want to combine to two. I want to just start with the basics. Things like just bringing a quote into excel. Showing the bid/ask and some basic trading. Limit orders and stop orders.

I guess if there was a template or a somewhat affordable/simple API I could purchase to get me started. If I had something basic so I could see their formulas just to get me rolling.

Thanks
    Jim

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob and tommcginnis like this.
  3. lindq

lindq

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Can you not run an Excel macro to capture prices at the open?

5. jimc

jimc

Thanks for the help!

Jim

6. Mark2m

Mark2m

Jimc,
    Are you using IB charts? the reason for my question is planning to use IB Data for Sierra Charts and using IB API to automate system. I am working on trying to develop a scanning system of various equities and once have the established results to my parameters, refining the choices as to get into days and down to minutes. I need minutes due to the large stop losses with $100 + stocks involved with my program.